“food is good but the service is SLOW.....” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 79 Bakeries in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Great unique restaurants. Healthy choices - fabulous taste, lots of atmosphere - great little cafe in Point Loma neighborhood
“food is good but the service is SLOW.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

do not go here if your are really hungry or limited on time.....the service is very slow. However, the staff is friendly and the food is good. parking is limited so expect to walk a short distance and I would also not recommend this place for a party larger than 4 unless you call ahead and make arrangements. My wife and I arrived on a Saturday morning at 1030 (just the 2 of us) and had to wait 20 minutes for a table and we overheard some groups waiting for 45 minutes. I would eat here again but I think I'll try other places nearby first to compare the overall experience.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

San Diego, CA
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Just discovered To The Point. Very welcoming and inviting place. Great breakfast and lunch menu. Really enjoyed my seared salmon sandwich for lunch. Want to try the waffles next time. They look really good. My only complaint was the service. The waitress was really nice and personable. But, very disorganized and not very attentive. Never checked back on us to see if we liked the food - which we did. I still gvie the place a very good. Hoping the service thing was a fluke.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
SAN DIEGO
“LOYAL CUSTOMERS”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restaurant is located very close to home and is one of our very favorites especially for breakfast or brunch although their lunch menu is also very good. A lot of organics are used and all their ingredients are very fresh, baked goods are made on site and always delicious. You will be served a latte served in a bowl sized cup (large) that is easy to share. The menus is priced right for what you get. I don't need heaps of food rather prefer a satisfying portion of well prepared fresh ingredients. This is not to say the portions are skimpy because they are not! Also, the children's portions are excellent. We like the casual, clean atmosphere and there is indoor/outdoor seating, on weekends prior to noon (especially Sundays) expect a wait! The wait is not too long and although no reservations are taken you can always call ahead for wait time. The servers are all friendly and two of our favorites are "Amy" and " Tiffany", one of the owners, Kristen is consistently accommodating, friendly and professional. The only reason I gave this restaurant a four instead of a five is that on more than one visit any party over two can expect their food to arrive at different times. During Kristen's absence this was much more noticeable.
They close at 2:00 during the week and weekends at 4:00 I believe, breakfast is my favorite but then I am a breakfast person! My favorite is probably the Berry Waffles! Seriously though everything is good.

• Visited January 2013
Slovenia
“Amazing place to go for breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

We went there on Tuesday morning for breakfast. You cannot miss the acai granola bowl yum yum yum
Eggs were delicious as well. It's a very nice open place and wondering how no one has rated this, or at least more ratings here?! Definitely go there if you're looking for a bit more healthy breakfast!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious brunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We came here for brunch on a Sunday about 12:30 pm. I ordered a frittata with linguica, cheese, spinach, onions and mushrooms. The linguica sausage was excellent. Normally I find sausage to be heavy but this sausage was flavorful and light. I had a fruit salad which was a pretty typical fruit salad. My boyfriend had a chicken sausage, scrambled egg sandwich inside a bagel. He absolutely loved it, raved on especially about the sausage. We sat on the patio and it was a really nice day for sitting out there. I liked the curtains and decor they had edging their patio. Also, the plants were a nice touch. A few dogs were sitting on the patio when we arrived. Seemed to be a dog friendly place. Service was a little on the slow side but nothing to be concerned about. Our server was friendly and attentive. I liked that they left us a jug of water on our table. All in all, very tasty brunch on a relaxing Sunday afternoon.

• Visited September 2012