“Great healthy and tasty option”
Review of True Food Kitchen

True Food Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
True Food Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 4,744 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dallas, Texas
“Great healthy and tasty option”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant in Fashion Valley is a haven for vegetarians and vegans (though meat/seafood dishes are offered). I just came in for dessert with my daughter but can't wait to return for a full meal. We enjoyed the chia seed pudding and chocolate flourless cake, both which were very good. I also enjoyed the Kale Aid, which was as tasty as one can muster when juicing greens. I appreciated the array of appetizers, pizzas, sandwiches and entrees (plus a very nice wine/beer/cocktail menu) and saw customers with many a dish I'd love to order. Great, varied kids menu too. Lovely ambience as well. I'll be back!

San Diego, California, United States
“Loved the food!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I don't eat out much because I'm picky. I eat healthier than most restaurants serve, I can taste when the food doesn't seem fresh, and honestly I am not a fan of too much mixed fusion. I like straight up cooking. My son ate here first and told me I would love it. I did!!!

I do think it is a bit pricey, but to be honest, I like having someplace to go out to every so often. It's also a great place for people with dietary restrictions. You can find vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options. You aren't going to leave stuffed, as they don't serve huge plates of food. But if you like to eat that way, this isn't the place for you anyway. If you are in to eating seasonal dishes and sustainable food, you'll enjoy it!

The décor is nice. I like the open kitchen. The servers are hit and miss. Some are really into talking to each other, some are really good at what they do. There is a bar, if that helps you get your spouse/friend through the door. You can put in your reservation and they will text you when your seating is ready.

It is in a mall, and parking can be a bit tough because Cheesecake Factory and PF Chang's are nearby. If you don't mind a short of a walk, try the parking structure on the East side of Bloomingdale's.

• Visited August 2013
Texas
“So good-I had to go back.”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I loved everything about this charming, fresh, vegan, natural and organic restaurant. Try the daily soup!

Visited September 2013
Calgary, Canada
“yum”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

we ate here twice in four days
had great service from Andrea and Austin
the fresh cocktails are delish
loved the food, especially the miso soup, chili prawns and the salmon

• Visited August 2013
Aliso Viejo, California
“Had high expectations”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I came into the night with extremely high expectations. The restaurant was really loud and there were a few screaming kids, so that automatically skews my opinion. The quoted wait time was 25-35 min and we waited 45. The herb hummus and pita bread was great. The bison burger was good and I would recommend the sides.
However, the atmosphere was not appealing. It was loud, the tables were awkward, and the service was mediocre. This is not a place for an amazing going out dinner. You need to go into it knowing it had a healthy aspect and everything is flavored with lemon. So make sure the entire party is aware of it and open.
I loved the flour less chocolate cake.

Visited September 2013