“Refreshing and Fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of True Food Kitchen

True Food Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
True Food Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 4,724 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hawaii
“Refreshing and Fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was very happy to see a fun and healthy restaurant during my trip. This place reminded me of a few places at home (Hawaii) but with a trendy modern twist. Our server was very nice and attentive throughout the night. My friend ordered the Kale Aid (which she hated; I have these all the time and love it) and told our server about it. No questions asked and no attitude, she took it away and brought back a very refreshing alternative for my friend and everybody was happy. The food is great, some organic, but most locally sourced. Being a vegetarian, I had no problem finding something to love on the menu. We will visit again when we return to San Diego.

• Visited August 2013

“A Delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

The atmosphere feels fresh. All food is organic and nicely presented. We split a delicious pizza and got salads - Perfection! They also had fresh fruit soda drinks - Wonderful! It was my first time in this restaurant. I loved it! I highly recommend it.

Visited July 2013
Dana Point, California
“Very, Very Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stumbled upon this place while in San Diego and gave it a try. The atmosphere is what drew me in and then the menu was they type that made me want to try everything. The portions are mid sized and the price is a moderate to a little high for the quantity of food. But the quality of the food justifies the price.

Bottom line is that if I had one of these nearer my home, my family and I would be regulars.

Wroclaw, Poland
“Tasty non-junk food served by very nice young people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Visiting Fashion Valley San Diego you have really little choice of healthy, non-junk meals. As I struggle to keep sporty high protein, low carb diet, I found nothing for me in other food outlets.

True Food offers very different experience from the beginning. All the staff are young, good looking people being live advertising to their menu and ideology. Also the guest do not look as typical Americans. Definitely, aesthetically it is upscale place.

Food was also up to expectations. I had a chicken salad and Pacific Halibut as a main course. Everything was really fresh, tasty and solid in terms of size of the portions.

Definitely recommended place.

• Visited July 2013
“Excellent Food and Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Both my husband and I have gone to this restaurant twice and each time we weren't disappointed. I didn't know that food that is good for you can taste so good! If you like spicy food try the Panang, if you like great pizza then try the Margarita Pizza. Both are absolutely awesome. The desserts are out of this world too! We'll be going back real soon.