“Delicious, cleansing, healthy, friendly”
Review of True Food Kitchen

True Food Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
True Food Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 4,870 Restaurants in San Diego
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I got off the plane from Vegas, after a week of binging on food and drink and told my friend I just wanted to eat kale. She said she knew just the place. I had a delicious kale-based drink, a tempeh, lettuce, and tomato sandwich with a side of sweet potato hash and a kale salad. Delicious and just what I needed. I had a real ginger soda (The Natural) for dessert. (Not a ginger beer or ginger ale, real, slightly spicy ginger in soda water. Oh mama, just the thing for a hurtin’ tummy.) Kale drink was called Kale-Aid: kale, apple, cucumber, celery, lemon and ginger.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We are so excited to have a new favorite restaurant in San Diego! Our dinner last night was fabulous. Love that it's farm-to-table and the blending of flavors was fantastic! The portions are generous and the flavors and mix of flavors is unrivaled. The price was good, for what it was. My salmon was $24 and was a good portion.
Here is what I/we had and it was all great and highly recommended:
Drinks: Cucumber Martini and (my new favorite) Happily Ever After (or something about "Happy")
Apps: Asparagus & Artichoke pizza - 8 slices, great for 4 to share
Dinner: Salmon w/beets and lemon Quinoa - so good! & Red Chili Shrimp w/noodles - spicy and so good!
Desserts: Lemon Tart and Chocolate Fourless Cake - I liked the lemon tart better, but both were good. The cake was not exactly my style, but it had a very the strong, pure chocolate taste that was good.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Firstly we really like our waitress who introduced herself and then explained the restaurants concept, how the food is sourced etc. She explained the menu and the drinks. This restaurant is part of a group who have their own farms supplying the food, I cant remember if its organic but it was all fresh sourced within the area.
The menu was extensive and had no fries in sight which was a really nice change.
I had the Mediterranean Chopped Salad which was really delicious and my husband had the burger which was equally delicious. We splurged on dessert which is a definite must.
We ate here two nights in a row as it was such as the food was soo good, nothing fried and really fresh. Also you dont get the 100 extra's (that you dont usually want) with your meal.
Reasonably priced for the quality - you pay for what you get.
Anyone going to San Diego should go here.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Loved the cool design and feel of this restaurant. The waiter told us that 90% of the produce and foods served here are locally grown or raised in San Diego County, organic and ....delicious! We went back twice. Loved the fish tacos, the Bison burger, the soups, the edamame dumplings and the specialty health drinks including a cucumber lemonade which was refreshing and cool.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The food was conscientiously gluten-free, meat was grass-fed, and vegetables and herbs were organic. The menu had something to please all--vegetarians and carnivores alike. Very tasty. Some dishes rather unusual, but still interesting and good, like the sweet potato hash.