“Freshest food, prepared for the seasons”
Review of True Food Kitchen

True Food Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
True Food Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 4,799 Restaurants in San Diego
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
San Diego, California
“Freshest food, prepared for the seasons”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was a pleasant visit for the Fashion Valley Mall. I had heard about it from others, knew the location (across the street from the Cheese Cake Factory). There are basically two outdoor areas but we ate inside. Some of the tables allow a view of the prep work going on in the kitchen. We enjoyed watching the fresh pasta making, the salad lettuce prep, the vegetable prep. Not often do we get a bit of a hint into the kitchen life. For us the portions were just right. We split the mediteranean salad and had sides of salmon. Although there was a nice dressing, I didn't want any as the tastes in the salad were so good. Their menu changes by what is fresh in season. With this focus, they have a full bar. We got there around 11:30AM on a Wednesday. I had heard there were long lines. We didn't see that but it had certainly filled up. I imagine it is very busy on a week-end night. We will definitely be back.

Minneapolis
“Fresh option”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Loved the kale juice, and the winter vegetable salad with grilled salmon on top. The chicken curry wasn't a hit with other diners of our group -- barely any spice, although it was described by the waiter as a "6 or 7 on a scale of 10." Nice decor, decent wait staff -- however, the habit of the waiter to squat down next to the table and crouch on the floor while speaking with us was a little bizarre and off-putting! Although it was pretty pricey, we'd definitely return, and try some of the other menu items. It's nice to have a healthy, fresh delicious option for dining out.

san diego
“Good fresh food”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I love this place, such a nice option for the Fashion Valley mall.Nery freah, farm to table cooking. A little over-priced but would still go back. Love the fireplace and lounge chairs outside. Great place to meet for lunch and hang out. Service at times is spotty when they get busy so try to visit at off times.

• Visited February 2013
“Delicious and healthy.”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Tried True Food Kitchen for the 1st time. There were 3 of us and we all got totally different meals (breakfast burrito, pizza, and buffalo burger). All of us loved our food. The meals were delicious, beautifully presented, the portions were large enough, and very fresh. We will go there again.
The reason I gave it a 4/5 rating is because it is quite noisy and the decor is not to my personal taste (not very important relative to food quality).

San Diego, California
“Pricey for what you get”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I ordered the lasagne for $14. I got a small entree about the size of a frozen meal. The lasagne was delicious, however! Our server was excellent and patient with our group as it kept expanding with people arriving late. My table mates easily got triple the food I did. With a drink and tip, the meal cost me about $20. The restaurant is located in Fashion Valley mall. Available parking was far away. The restaurant was noisy.

• Visited February 2013