“Great food at a great price”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
First Avenue Bar and Grille
Ranked #1,332 of 4,852 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed August 23, 2012

When I checked into The Bristol Hotel, they gave me a coupon for a $1.00 glass or wine or local beer. In addition, they told me that certain grill menu items would be 50% off for hotel guests. This is how I came to have one local beer, a delicious beef brisket sandwich with fries and peanut slaw and three home made cookies for a total of $12.99. Seriously. The atmosphere was quiet and the staff were quite attentive. I doubt you could find a better deal in the city.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a hidden surprise and worth the evening for a quiet and lovely experience. The staff is professional. The bar is quiet and small allowing for conversation. I rate the good above average. Price is competitive. Give it a try when you are in the area.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

great Prime Rib Dinner only 17.95 and it coems wiht Yorkshire Pudding!

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I was staying at the Bristol Hotel, so I had the pleasure to try Daises Bistro, which is the hotel restaurant, for breakfast and dinner.

My expectations weren't very high because, generally, I find hotel restaurants to be not always great.

This time I must say I was surprised by the quality of the food. The selection is quite limited, but the quality of the food and the presentation were both quite good.

The staff was always professional, punctual and kind.

Even the price of the menu was a nice surprise.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

Food was very good, extremely reasonably priced, and very convenient. Wait staff was exceptional