“Authentic Mexican at it's best”
Review of La Playa Taco Shop

La Playa Taco Shop
Ranked #34 of 5,143 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: place is fantastic - http://www.yelp.com/biz/la-playa-taco-shop-san-diego
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Staying at the Best Western or Catamaran on Mission? This is your place, right around the corner. The pork is the best meat, tacos are soft and fresh, chips made on the premises, salsa thick with tomatoes, onions and cilantro. This little hole in the wall rivals the best Mexican restaurants in S CA for food quality, price and convenience. It's worth getting here wherever you're coming from. We will be back when we visit the area again.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is great authentic mexican restaurant and right across from the beach. A very nice walk after your day tanning or whatever. The food is cheap and definitely worth the drive if your a little far from the beach. I would go again.

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Most of the other reviews here are spot on. Very good cuisine at rock bottom prices. A nice place to sit out in the fresh air and eat while enjoying the warm California sunshine.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is a great little place, and the appeal for me is that it is a little dive mom & pop hole-in-the-wall kind of place. Great food, even it the ambience isn't exactly where you want to take your wife for her birthday. The whole family seems to be chipping in with cooking, cleaning, etc. I loved it, and so did the guys with me. The churros are to die for, so be sure to get one of those for dessert. I'll be back for more next trip, even if I do have to walk 8 blocks again to get there.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I will only consider the food in this review as anything else doesn't really matter to me. It is essentially a fast food stop and not a restaurant.
We had high hopes considering the raving reviews. We had various Burritos and I was very disappointed. The chicken burrito was just OK but the beed burritos were truly horrible. The filling resembled dog food. It was just salty. The only redeeming feature was the tortilla.