“This place is THE BOMB!!!”
Review of La Playa Taco Shop

La Playa Taco Shop
Ranked #103 of 4,834 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: place is fantastic - http://www.yelp.com/biz/la-playa-taco-shop-san-diego
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We ate here twice during our stay in San Diego! I would have eaten here more if I could. If I lived in San Diego I would be a regular. The flavors and sauces are over the top great! The carnitas are the best I've ever had. The fish taco is over the top. I will go back to San Diego just to eat here!

There are newer reviews for La Playa Taco Shop

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

By far the best Mexican food in San Diego. During a five day stay I ate at least one meal there a day, sometimes two! Parking and seating can be tough, but worth the challenge.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Although it's just a hole in the wall, the food is plain AMAZING and for a good price too! Ate there 4 times during our trip to San Diego! On a side note, their breakfast burritos rock!

1  Thank 30h322bvb
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This taco shop was recommended by the Catamaran Resort. The service is fast, friendly, and the food is delicious! It's an authentic hole-in-the-wall place, perfect for grab and go at the beach.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Your typical hole in the wall Mexican place, but with TONS of flavor! Good location and there is always something for everyone. I've gone with friends, my family that has tons of younger kids and even by myself for a quick bite. I've always loved getting mexican because it's pretty cheap and not terrible (you get what you expect), but this taco shop definitely exceeded my expectations. Absolutely recommend if you're looking for authentic mexican!