“Breakfast was legit”

Starkeys BBQ
Ranked #1,396 of 5,165 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stopped in for breakfast and had a huge breakfast burrito. It did not disappoint! Great staff, very friendly, and food was tasty.

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Went here on a recommendation from locals. 3 families, with kids, all hungry and thirsty. Our server was great and handled a large and demanding crowd well. Get the ribs !!

1  Thank JJElazar
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My fiancée, and I went here this morning trying to catch a nice breakfast before hitting the beach. What a mistake! We were greeted at the door by a very nasty young lady who just about threw the menus at us, and told us to seat ourselves "wherever". We went to the patio to discover it was unkempt, and very dirty with flies buzzing around the tables. I know this is to be expected at this time of the year, but if you maintain a cleaner place you won't have as much of a problem. We decided to go back inside, and were served coffee that tasted like dirty dish water. As our huevos rancheros was served, I noticed in the windowsill next to me at least a half dozen dead flies that obviously hadn't been removed for weeks. I tried my best to eat the eggs, and potatoes, and then I had enough. The waitresses were very nasty, and had a horrible attitude toward the customers, and the cook. I just couldn't wait to get out of there. Don't go here unless you want to become ill on purpose.

2  Thank Torpedoman1
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The bbq food was pretty tasty but the lady who served it was more focused on her phone. We ordered togo and did not give us our frys (we had to ask). She maybe said 3 words to us.

2  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Found this place by going for a walk our first night in Mission Bay. It is small inside, but the staff was friendly, decor was quaint and menu selection was good. We ordered a full rack of ribs and the B52. Be forewarned, the B52 is delicious, but can easily feed 2 people. The ribs were super tender...fall off the bone would be an understatement.

6  Thank JustDani