“Great place”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Santa Clara, California
“Great place”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed here while going to a family wedding. The staff is very friendly and the place is pretty clean. They have everything you'll need and are located in a great area that is right off the highway, right in the middle of downtown San Diego, not far from the heart of Hillcrest and just below Balboa Park.

The beds were comfy, plenty of plugs and TVs, and of course, since it's a timeshare location, you get all of the amenities of home! The rooftop is available to hang out and has nice seating areas as well as,..a bathroom! How awesome is this place that there are bathrooms, everywhere! I never would have thought about it but it's super convenient!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank eminjay
WorldMark W, Worldmark Social Media Team at WorldMark San Diego - Balboa Park, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us this great feedback. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your family wedding and our accommodating staff. We hope you come back to stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Santa Clara, CA
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Love this resort. It is my home away from home. Great front desk and maintenance staff. Know most people by name and they know mine.

Room size is like a studio with no washer/dryer. There's free public washer/dryers on 1st fl for free.

I enjoy the diversity of TV channels.
Mattress is great.

Housekeeping needs to pay more attention to what they do. Thst is one area they need to work on.

Will stay again. I stayed there 3 times already this year. Convenient location to access 5 or 163 as well as Park Blvd from there.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank PandaLover63
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your overall stay at our location. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest and owner experience and your feedback will help us to do so. We look forward to seeing you again.
los angeles
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We just returned from a one week stay at the Worldmark San Diego. There were many pros and cons for this facility.

Pros: Well located. It is a one mile walk from the facility to the convention center, passing through downtown and the Gaslamp. Very convenient to walk to dinner without having to move our car. It is convenient to public transportation. A short walk to the bus or trolley stops. The staff is very friendly and approachable. They have fresh chocolate chip cookies for us to pick up everyday on our way out and popcorn to greet us when we return in the afternoon. The facility is newly renovated and clean

Cons: It is really noisy, even with the windows shut. The facility is located near the downtown onramp of I5, next to city college and a high school. Traffic is continuous. We heard sirens, car alarms, skate boarders, garbage trucks throughout the night. No free parking. They charge $20 a day for parking, but there is ample street parking. Just be careful of the parking restrictions since there is street cleaning twice a week. There is no free wifi. The daily charge is $4.95, however McDonalds is right across the street and is free. The area is sketchy at best, remember that the Gaslamp district is recently gentrified.

Room Tip: We had a corner room on the 3rd floor. Noisy, but better than a lower floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank grmmybtty
Marne, Michigan
Reviewed September 14, 2013

At first it seemed that we were too far away from the touristy places but then we got a bus pass. We got a card that we refilled every day for $5. The bus system made everyplace that we wanted to go possible. The hotel is a couple of blocks from a main station called college station. We got our tickets from a vending machine with the assist from a transit police lady. The next few days we did it on our own. The busses and trolleys go everywhere and frequently.
The hotel was a one bedroom with a small kitchen, small sitting area, small dining area. We only eat breakfast and drink coffee in the room so it was great for us. There was a tv in the sitting area and the bedroom. We were on the go all day. It was fun in the morning to watch the kids walk to school. The hotel is across the street from the high school and the community college. On the top floor, rooftop, is a nice sitting area. There are also gas grills there if you want to cook.
The front desk people were very nice and informative. They could answer all our questions with a smile.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Woodbridge, California
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Love having a condo for a stay. This WorldMark is smaller than all other WorldMark places we've stayed. Not that it's cramped, just smaller than you would expect of this brand. Not that great a location across from City College and no pool. They claim you could walk to Balboa Park or downtown to Gaslamp Quarter...not me, anyway. Inadequate parking for all guests is a real bummer and this one charges $20 per day to park. That's the worst! We much prefer the Mission Valley WorldMark for its location in the heart of Mission Valley.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank chilvr
Albany, Oregon
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Once I was checked in and relaxing in my room I felt better after driving from Angel's Camp, CA. during LA rush hour traffic. I had a studio overlooking Park Blvd. across from San Diego City College (11th and A Street). Just across the street from the hotel, a McDonald's is open 24 hours/day. Other fast food places are within easy walking distance. Getting there was interesting due to the one way streets and the on ramp to/from 163. Limited parking only and $20 per night. The first night since they were sold out, I needed to pay $15 for 24 hours at another parking lot within view of the hotel. Homeless people were camped on the outskirts of the lot yet did not bother me. I used the hotel as a base as I did my excursions to OB, Mission and Pacific Beaches, etc. therefore I didn't walk around that area. Gaslight district (clubs and restaurants) is not far yet I don't think I would walk there and back at night. Petco Stadium is also in that district. I understand Worldmark just bought 3 more properties, one of which is up the hill from this location and in a better neighborhood. I also took the opportunity to find the Mission Valley location which is a tad interesting to find - very secluded, much larger, and has parking. Chris (?), at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. The roof has a lovely area to see the view and relax in the lounges. I didn't partake as I was off each of my three days visiting my old haunts.

Room Tip: I had a corner room on the third floor. I could see the off ramp well and see the green grass of SD...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Gramadragon
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed here for a week in July on a family vacation for Comic Con. Great location - just two blocks to the train. The unit was a large studio with a full size kitchen. Staff was very nice and accomodating. Parking does cost $20 a day but it has security and was a better bet than parking on the street. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing out. Some have interior views which is pretty much looking across at other room...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family