“San Diego Pleasures”

Omni San Diego Hotel
Ranked #18 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Excellent location; convenient to restaurants, trolley stops; wonderful staff from time of our arrival until we left. We were surprised to find champagne and strawberries to celebrate our anniversary in our room.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
ColleenOmni, Manager at Omni San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Mark S.,
Thank you for the great review! We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and we hope you had a very Happy Anniversary!
We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Wonderful location right at the Gaslamp Quarter and Petco Park. Friendliest, most helpful staff. Really outstanding. Little bottles of water in our car when we got it back from the valet - that was a really thoughtful touch! Only quibble about the room....there are louvered shutters in the bathroom on both sides of the sink that face the bed so there is a feeling of a lack of privacy when you are using the bathroom. One can't see in but they can certainly hear everything.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Dear Tammy S.,
Thank you for the great review! We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and our terrific staff. Thank you also for the feedback on the bathroom shutter design.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

We only stayed one night at the Omni but really enjoyed our stay. The rooms were large and spacious. The bathrooms were large and fully stocked. The beds were comfortable and we had plenty of pillows. We had a fast check in as everything was already waiting for us. The bell hop escorted us up to the rooms and was very helpful. Security was tight as the San Francisco Giants were also checking in that evening but we were not inconvenienced by the added security. The location was excellent next to the ball park and close to plenty of restaurants. The first floor bar was a nice place to relax at the end of the day.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
ColleenOmni, Manager at Omni San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Eve G.
Thank you for the great review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

we spent four nights here. loved everything about it! every time our car came it had bottles of cold water, the room was wonderful, great view of the ball park. close to and convenient to everything. competitive price and well worth every penny and more!

Room Tip: our room faced north, view of the outfield. I think the rooms facing the bay would be great but our...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear brentj539,

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Arrived on a Thursday with the family, hotel is in THE perfect spot for attending a Padres game. Very reasonable rate for the room that comfortably slept four. Our room had a terrific little balcony from which we could see part of the stadium & baseball game. Atmosphere is just terrific. Staff were great, room was absolutely perfect. Great location for Padres, getting to the zoo, Midway. Pool is "ok", kind of small but the kids liked it. The restaurant on the main floor,McCormick & Schmidts is just ok. Ate their twice as we were tired and they had openings, other than this I wouldn't eat their again. Far better places within a 5 minute walk. We had breakfast 3 of 4 days @ the Broken Yolk which is about a 3 or 4 minute walk up 6th Avenue. Worth the trip, better, healthier choices, great staff and also a lot more reasonable than Omni. Were planning a return trip and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else other than the Omni.

Room Tip: Coose a room on an upper floor that overlooks the ball park
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank AMAC1985

Dear AMAC1985,
Thank you for the great review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and had such a great time in San Diego. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

People say keep an eye on your transactions in America but I didn't think id have to do it in what's supposed to be the safety of a hotel.Me and my fiancé where drinking at the pool bar where we worked up a tab over a couple of hours when I asked to pay the bill the waitress brought it to me, like normal I checked the value signed it and I left a 15% cash tip..that night I was checking my statement online and I noticed that the women charged 20% above the amount I had authorised. When I approached the front desk to ask about the charge they didn't no what to say to me so eventually I was told they would contact me in my room when they investigated it,, I had only left the reception and got back to my room when I got a phone call to tell me that she "thinks" it might be an overcharge and it will "probably" go back onto my card, I explained that a charge can't be placed on my card unless I authorised it or was told about the charge she really didn't no what to tell me so she just apologised and offered me ONE free drink!! Which was at the same bar with the woman who had robbed my card! I refused the drink and to be honest I'm not some1 who makes a fuss so I decided to leave the matter and just to get out of the hotel and enjoy the rest of my holiday. I wasn't going to let it ruin it for me.i enjoyed that day at the pool bar so it was a shame I felt so uncomfortable that I couldn't go back up or even use my card in the hotel again. I'm two weeks in America now and we have been in 6 cities so far.. The Omni San Diego is the only black mark on this holiday, it really ruined our stay in San Diego which is a shame. the fact I raised the matter while still in the hotel and nothing was done is bad management I knew the girl at the desk didn't no what to say or do and just wanted me to drop it, maybe I shouldn't have but I did but I don't think it should have been left up to me on my holiday to chase a matter this serious after raising the problem in the first place,, I'm not going to tell you not to stay in this hotel it's your choice, but just be careful because even when you think you are safe you are probably at your most vulnerable.

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Robsmith24
ColleenOmni, Manager at Omni San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear Mr. Smith,
Thank you for sharing your experience and for the direct email communication with me.
I apologize for the confusion and unnecessary worry that our Debit Card authorization process caused. We have reviewed with our front desk team to ensure that they are explaining this to all arriving guests so we can avoid any similar confusion in the future.
Thank you for your time.

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed at the Omni for five nights on a vacation from Australia. We were very impressed with this hotel and the competitive room prices made it even more attractive. The staff were very friendly, the hotel was perfectly presented and was located in the ideal location for stepping out at night for dinner in the gas lamp district. Be aware that this area becomes extremely busy after a baseball game at night and most of these people will be in full party mode.

I would suggest parking your car across the road in the ace car park as this will save you roughly $25 a night. Omni hotels valet service uses this parking facility also so it is safe and secure.

Make sure you try the restaurant within the hotel as it offers exceptional service, lovely food and setting. If you prefer room service the food was delicious, very reasonable and very quick.

Another bonus is the hotel is connected to Petco park via a sky bridge which gives you easy access if you wish to watch a ball game. The concierge sourced us great seats and we just walked across the bridge to our seats to watch our first baseball game.

My main complaint would be we requested a bay view room which did not eventuate as we were told they were all booked out. Given that we stayed there for 5 nights I felt they could have given us the option to move if a room became available. Lastly the pool needs more attention as the water is very cloudy and there was too much hair floating around, yuck!

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel and with a few minor tweaks I would happily give them a full five stars.

Stayed: July 2014