Omni San Diego Hotel
Fairmont.com
$255
$223
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$157
$126
Hilton.com
$151
  • Breakfast included
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$187
$178
  • Beachfront
$179
  • Restaurant
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$323
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$219
Travelocity
4,763 results
All reviewspetco parkconvention centergaslamp districtgreat locationselect guestmccormick and schmickspadres gamethe gas lamp districtball parkvalet parkingcorner roomwithin walking distancedirectly across the streettrain trackscoronado bridgebeautiful hotelbathroom door
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Disclaimer, before I write my review. I work for a competing hotel company. The Omni is one of my favorite hotels in San Diego. If you want to be close to the downtown action, the location cannot be beat. My room was spotless with a great view of the harbor. I did notice the sink was clogged. I called the front desk and told them I was leaving the room for a bit and asked if they could fix it while I was gone. Upon my return the sink was back in working in perfect working order. Great service! Folks complain about the valet parking costs ($39); however this is the standard rate for valet in San Diego. If you pre-pay when you make your reservation you can save almost $10 a day. My only issues this stay were very little hot water two of the mornings and an ID check policy at the front door on New Year's Eve. I know security is important; however they could have handled this process with a lot more class. Standing in line at 1am to add your wife to the room, was a bit excessive. One of the nights we did have late night room service and the food was actually very good.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scott R
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We couldn't have asked for a better respite from our hectic lives. The quality of the hotel, combined with the service was first rate. The location was perfect - on the edge of the Gaslamp district, yet still far enough away from the madness. This was my second stay at The Omni and I see no reason to ever stay anywhere else when visiting San Diego.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This hotel really has superior service, the front desk staff, concierge, and parking staff, everyone was really very friendly and accommodating. I wish hotels in San Diego would put queen-sized beds in the rooms with two beds. I checked several hotels and none that I could find have them.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Combined a conference with a family visit and apart from the fact that the beds were a little small and there was no balcony (essential when one is sharing a room with two small children) it was ideal.

The gas lamp district is a really lively precinct packed with decent restaurants and bars (although we saw more of the former than the latter) and is right on your doorstep. The hotel is also connected by a footbridge to Petco stadium where the San Diego Padres play baseball and so my kids got to see a baseball game for the first time and still enthuse about the quality of the hotdogs!

The swimming pool was excellent and the gym was outstanding. It is easy to get relatively inexpensive parking at a local garage. We didn't eat at the hotel but the Starbucks cafe was very welcome.

The staff were very friendly in particular the fella who helped bring our bags to the room and was greatly amused by our complete ignorance of the fact that the comic con event was about to occur.

I needed to get in touch with my bank in Australia as soon as we arrived and the hotel receptionist waived the cost of the Internet for that night which was an extremely helpful gesture. We joined the on the loyalty program which is well worth doing in order to obtain free wireless Internet access.

The special conference rate that we obtained made this hotel outstanding value.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The Omni hotels first got me hooked on their chain at this hotel. Came here for business and had an amazing room, and a fantastic time.

The hotel is near the ball park and overlooking the bay. Its also walking distance from the gaslamp district where a lot of restaurants and hot spots are. There is also a running trail right across the hotel (run to the bridge by the ballpark and then go along the trail).

If you can get a room with a view of the bay - go for it, I highly recommend it.

The staff is very polite and accommodating. I have come back and stayed here again, and have not been disappointed. Rooms are top notch, clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: ask for the bay view and see if you can get a balcony
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business