“PETCO Park & Convention Center”

Omni San Diego Hotel
Ranked #22 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This Omni is up to the standard that you expect from this chain. Their check-in procedure is second to none for returning guests which can save a lot of time and aggravation during peak periods. (I travel 150+ days a year and appreciate this!) The hotel is connected to PETCO Park and is across the street from the Convention Center, so if you're attending anything at either of these venues, this hotel is a great choice.

Room Tip: If you want an ocean view, include that in your reservation.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (4,546)

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip. I spent 5 nights, my first night was a Saturday night. My room was on the 8th floor on the side that the Hard Rock Cafe was across the street. IT WAS SO OBNOXIOUS! I called the front desk twice and although there wasn't much they could do about the resturant turned night club they promised me it would be over by 1:30am and it was only Friday and Saturday nights that it was like that. It was all true but for a few hours I was in hell after a 6 hour flight. So just be sure to request AWAY from the Hardrock!
Everything else was clean and comfortable the bathroom was perfect with lots of space and shelves for my things. The bed was FANTASTIC! Gym was great and the pool deck was a great bonus. It is in walking distance (3 mins) from the convention center which was perfect!
The staff was very helpful and they offered great discounts for things like the Zoo and Padres games (field is connected to hotel!) which I took advantage of. I would stay again and def reccomend!

Room Tip: be sure to request AWAY from the Hardrock and as high up as possible. The street noise is loud at ti...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank guy12354
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The rooms were very nice and clean. The staff went overboard to make us feel appreciated and make us happy. Parking was expensive, but we soon learned we could park somewhere else for less. We had one fold-out bed and one king bed because we had an extra room with a couch and extra TV. The king bed was great. We fought over it every night because the fold-out bed was lumpy. I slept fine on it, though. Honestly, the king bed could accomodate two children and two adults because it is so big. They brought a refrigerator to our room at our request for no extra charge. They had a bottle of wine sent to our room the first night and milk and cookies for our children. We stayed there for seven nights. I was a little sad to leave. The workout facilities and pool were nice, also. It was close to all the downtown, lots of restaurants, and lots of things to do.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kbdonohue
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had a short but sweet stay at the Omni Hotel in San Diego. The room was gorgeous and comfortable. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The location was awesome.

The best part of the hotel is the pool area. It's beautiful and I wish I could have stayed longer.

The only drawback was some noise from the
ballpark and the train at night. I didn't mind it though. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We loved the Omni Hotel. They had amazing service & we had an amazing room/view. The staff was very helpful with the nearby restaurants. The only negative was that we had to pay for parking. But I would definitely stay at this location again. The bay looked absolutely beautiful.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I find it amazing that so many hotel chains treat customers, yes customers who are buying their services, who shop around for the best price with such poor service and disregard. Such customers, like myself, receive the "shadow class" service. This is our third stay at this hotel over the past few years and while on trips where we booked directly with them all of our "select guest" preferences were honored, on the other two trips where we found a better price somewhere else, we were stuck with rooms that had someone paid the full price for, would have complained.

When will the hotel industry learn that they hurt their own business with these practices? We will never stay here again and never recommend this hotel to anyone that we care for. How much money does it cost the hotel to provide an extra pillow? How about a corner room when the hotel is clearly not booked? Provide an extra roll of toilet paper when they only provided a partial roll? Provide adequately working air conditioning? We've set the thermostat to under 70 and it still can't catch up and cool off and it is day 2! Provide a full size room as this one is clearly not the square footage of the rooms that we had in the past?

Very disappointing as we thought that the Omni would stand out from the crowd of hotels that are out there just to make a buck.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Charles S
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Dear "Chasquad,"

Thank you for submitting your TripAdvisor review. While it is not entirely clear to me from your review what all the specifics of your dissatisfaction are, I am eager to have any issues you are experiencing resolved to your satisfaction. And with 5 days left in your stay, I am hopeful we can accomplish that. If you would be so kind as to contact the Manager on Duty, or myself, at a time most convenient for you, we will do our best to gain an understanding of the matter and provide you with the guest room and services you've come to expect when staying with Omni.

Thomas Kermabon
Director of Operations
Omni San Diego Hotel
(619) 645-6530
tkermabon@omnihotels.com

Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed there for a convention and the hotel is just across the street / 1 block from the convention center; most convenient indeed. It is also a great location for the Petco Park (there is even a pedestrian bridge that connects to it), the Gaslamp district, and the trolley (the trolley stop is just across the street). We stayed on the 7th floor facing the bay and the view was very nice. The train can be noisy (we prefer to leave the windows open to catch the sea breeze, I presume closing the windows tight might decrease the noise). Service was impeccable and decor was very nice. I you have a car, you can park for much less in the public parking lot across the street.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner room on the seventh floor. Nice view (part of Petco Park and the water) and q...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple