“2nd Stay here as good as first”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego SeaWorld/Zoo Area
Ranked #157 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed October 15, 2010

Stayed here Oct 2009 and Oct 2010. Rooms clean. Beds great. Pool and hot tub were good. Breakfast was the usual stuff for places like this. Similar to BW's. Room AC runs constant when turned on. This is great.....don't get woken up like with other AC's going on/off all night. Good value. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HikerBiker2

Reviewed October 10, 2010

Good value for a couple nights. Not the best hotel ever but clean and pretty quiet (we stayed there in January). Breakfast fast okay too.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2010

I have stayed at many La Quintas around the country and have a frequent stay account. This was by far the worst La Quinta that I have stayed at and the staff was not friendly, efficient or considerate of my family's travel needs. The breakfast sitting area was around 85 degrees and made for an uncomfortable breakfast experience.

They offered me higher rates than I found on their website when I checked in. The front desk attendant left the front desk for 5 minutes in the middle of my check in and then a new attendant came out to finish the check in. They did not give me a map of the hotel which had a confusing parking garage and elevator entrance.

I told them that I had a dog when I checked in and they did not give me a pet contract to sign. As I was walking my dog the next morning a hotel staff member cornered me in front of other guests and without even saying good morning, started demanding my room number and then followed me to my room to see where I was staying. I was then given a $100 additional fee on my credit card and when I asked the front desk attendant to speak with a manager, they told me that the manager would not speak with me about the charge.

Since La Quinta doesn't charge for pets, it seems like a scam that they didnt give me a contract to sign and then went looking for anyone with pets the next morning to give fines that are higher than the cost of my stay for the night.

I will never stay at a La Quinta hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2010

This place is not up to normal La Quinta quality. Both mattresses were well past their expiration dates. The room was small, cramped and had a foul odor (although it was otherwise spotlessly clean). The parking spaces in the parking lot are way too narrow. Basically, this would be a fairly decent Motel 6, bit as a La Quinta, it's well below average.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 16, 2010

First of all this is an Inn. One step above a Motel so you couldn't really expect 5 star type resort style service.Yes your room will likely face the parking lot, but hopefully not the freeway.

Stating that however it's actually nicer then I expected. The rooms were dated but clean. A empty fridge, microwave and coffee maker were there to greet us. Oh and if you care the TV was an older tube type so no HD for you! The carpet needs to be refreshed and smokers stay there even though it's not technically allowed in the room. Location here however is key and being on the eastern end of hotel circle allowed you to be near all of the items that San Diego has to offer.

With only a few days to plan and find deals during the high tourist season I'd likely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank davensd
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Good Location, friendly staff, nice breakfast, clean comfortable room, would recommend

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank SandyK06
Reviewed May 2, 2010

Ice machines all broken in my building - they charge you three bucks to do a single load of laundry, my room faced an auto shop so I got to listen to air wrenches all day and into the evening. The hallways were filthy, the room layout is awkward and cramped, my TV had an enormous hum that overpowered the sound on half the channels.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo