“Great Location/Price!!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego SeaWorld/Zoo Area
Ranked #153 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed July 18, 2009

We enjoyed our stay at the LQ Mission Valley. With 2 adults and 2 teens, the room was a little tight, but we didn't travel to San Diego to stay in a motel room. The staff went out of their way to accomodate us. We would highly recommend this LQ to your family!!

Each morning we had a choice of waffles, toast, muffins or bagels. They also had cereal, fruit and yogurt. For a continental breakfast this was good. If you need something a little heavier, there is a Denny's 1/4 mile away.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed July 13, 2009

Our room was nice for its purpose. We stayed 4 nights and had a few flukes: 1) Shower handle was stripped and fell off, maintenance quickly fixed but water still dripped and needed more work but no one ever showed up; 2) Maid service didn't seem to vacuum as the same cheerio was on the floor from the first day, we could of picked up but wanted to see how long it would take before it was gone, still there when we left; 3) Dryer in laundry room did not work properly. None of these interfered with our stay just a little annoying. On the positive side, we were placed right across from pool as requested and our rooms were tidied up quickly. The breakfast was awesome, plenty of food. We stayed at this hotel last year and this is reason I chose it this time. I was surprised that there are three restraurants down the same little road and could quickly be accessed via foot or car.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2009

We often say at this la quinta when we go to San Diego. It's always an EXCELLENT VALUE. The rooms a good, very comfortable beds, good location and free breakfast (with make your own waffles). Lots of restaurants and shopping in the area. Centrally located to all attractions. We will be staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2009

We traveled to San Diego for leisure beginning of the week, rather than weekend. I was able to obtain a good rate on-line. When I called to find out what time our room would be ready I was informed that I had made a mistake on-line in my room choice, but that it would be no problem to resolve. As it turned out, we were actually upgraded at no additional charge and I got the location on the first floor near the pool that I wanted. We enjoyed the breakfast. As a coffee fan I was pleased to find I could have coffee in my room, the breakfast room and even the office! Housekeeping was punctual, even early.
The location is perfect to get to the south outh of town quickly. We enjoyed the whole experience and sure we will return. Oh yeah and while many SD hotels charge for parking (hidden fee) it was free!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2009

Staff was extremely friendly, efficient, and attentive. We were impressed by a phone call from the front desk as a followup to make sure that everything was satisfactory and in working order with our room. We requested an additional luggage stand and it was delivered within 5 minutes. The shower head needed cleaning, and this too was done in five minutes of request. Extra pool towels were also delivered to the pool within 5 minutes of request. This was a very busy weekend...4th of July, yet service here was absolutely top notch and couldn't have been better.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2009

I stayed here with my wife, father and sister on a trip to SoCal for my dad's birthday. We had two rooms and really enjoyed our stay. Parking was plentiful and super convenient. The wi-fi signal was very strong and the rooms were very spacious and clean.

We stayed in rooms with king beds, and a separate living room area with a pullout sofa bed, extra TV, a mini-fridge, sink and microwave. This was great for my sister, as she didn't have a to share a bed with her dad (plus, her TV in the living room was bigger than the one in the bedroom... she was quite pleased).

The hotel staff is super nice. I was a little disappointed that they didn't have complimentary newspapers, but the staff DID try to see if they could find one for me when I asked (they didn't find one, but at least they tried). The receptionist who checked us in made me feel very good about continuing to choose La Quinta whenever possible.

The sole complaint I have about this hotel was the super crowded breakfast room. Of course, that's not really the hotel's fault, but it should be noted. I had better success the second day, so it may have just been a function of it being a Friday morning. The breakfast was actually quite good, and included cereal, do-it-yourself waffles, bagels, toast, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc. I couldn't ask for more.

The hotel is located very close to various restaurants and gas stations. On our second night there, we walked to an El Cazador Mexican restaurant that was just around the corner (good thing... the restaurant actually had valet parking, as there was very little parking available!). There was also a Wendy's and an ARCO just down the street from the hotel... super convenient.

My GPS had a hard time finding the hotel as it sits right off a major highway, and the various exits get kind of confusing. But, once we got there, I had no problem figuring out where to go. It was very simple getting to Sea World and the San Diego Zoo from the hotel after that.

I'd definitely recommend this great place to anyone traveling with family to San Diego.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Josh A
Reviewed June 11, 2009

While staying here the GM is very rude and lacks customer service. He doesn't try to make his clients feel comfortable but feel mad and why did i waste my time and money into this hotel. He has a really bad attitude! Also if your staying there i would advise you not you use a debit card because they always make a mistake and always over charge me nights that i haven't stayed. Till this day they owe my $250 and they don't want to give it back. Very bad customer service. Stay in the old town location in san diego they are very nice there.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends