“great value for Thanksgiving Week”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego SeaWorld/Zoo Area
Ranked #160 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed during Thanksgiving week with two kids in a king suite. Breakfast room was stocked with eggs, mini waffles, cereal, assorted breads, yogurt, instant oatmeal, juices and coffee - everything we needed to satisfy picky eaters before a day of sightseeing. Surprisingly and pleasantly not so crowded at the hotel at this time. Covered/underground parking lot is tight, but there are plenty of outside spaces, as well. King suite was nice - two televisions and two sink areas. The sofa bed was a tad lumpy - but the kids didn't mind or notice.
Close to Target and lots of restaurant/shopping options.
Great value - we stay here whenever we're in San Diego.

1  Thank 243candacew

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Reviewed November 14, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Santa Clarita, California, USA
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We recently had a family reunion. La Quinta Inns was selected because of its great central location to all of the attractions available in San Diego. The hotel was exceptionally clean and well maintained. We can't say enough about how accommodating the staff was. Our family came from all over the country for this reunion, first one in 50 years. All of the Staff, from the front desk to house keeping, went out of their way to see that we all had a great stay.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Great location. Quick access to all the major attractions. Very close to the High way that made commuting very easy.
Nice clean facility and very friendly staff. The service was great from front desk, cleaning staff and breakfast lady. I would like to see hot breakfast added to the menu.
Internet coverage can be improved a little. The connection was not very consistent.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
lq6119gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego SeaWorld/Zoo Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the two thumbs up! As we always strive to provide our guests with excellent service, we are happy to hear your stay reflected those efforts, with a clean facility and friendly staff. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to San Diego.

Chris Michie, General Manager 619-295-6886

A La Quinta traveler
New Carlisle, Indiana, USA
Reviewed October 17, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Good: Comfortable beds, somewhat updated room (newer granite counter top and replaced tile in bath, nice larger fridge, a microwave and small table with 2 chairs, free parking Friendly clerk checked me in and asked my preference of room location. Free breakfast, but I didn't take part, so can't give review on the breakfast. It has a small outdoor pool and Jacuzzi, but I didn't use them. (For vacationers, the beach is about 15-20 min away.)

The Bad: Internet was "included" in the price, but it didn't work except at 6:00 a.m. The hotel tech support said too many people were using it and I should wait a while. It didn't work both evenings I was at the hotel, which is completely unacceptable for me.

The place is set up like a motel. As a single woman, I didn't feel very secure with my room opening up to the public walkways. The breakfast and gym were in another wing. I was planning to go to the gym at 6:00 a.m., but didn't feel secure walking through the parking lot to get there in the dark. I was also told the gym was not locked, so I assume non-guests could access the gym. Signs everywhere reminding patrons not to leave anything in their cars didn't help me feel safe.

TV was a larger flat screen, but the one in my room was almost dead and pixelated.

Would I stay again? Well, it WAS much less than the fancy hotels on the other side of the freeway. It was clean and comfortable (just old and right off the freeway frontage road). I might return if I needed a moderately-priced place for a night or two, was not staying alone, and didn't need the hotel's internet to work.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. We are sorry to hear of the issues you experienced with the internet and television. I have reviewed your comments with the staff to ensure these issues are corrected. Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to discuss your stay further.

Chris Michie, General Manager 619-295-6886