“Loved every minute i had spent in seaworld” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego SeaWorld/Zoo Area

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego SeaWorld/Zoo Area
Ranked #161 of 282 Hotels in San Diego
San Diego, California
“Loved every minute i had spent in seaworld”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I loved every minute i had to spend with Shamu.
just loved the polar bears and dolphins, sea lions, whales jumping.
Seaworld is a great place to visit with your family. It's fun and exciting for all ages! Have fun!!
Kids love this trip..

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
lq6119gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego SeaWorld/Zoo Area, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your trip to San Diego and to SeaWorld, one of the many great attractions near our hotel. Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you and the kids back during your next fun filled adventure!

Chris Michie, General Manager 619-295-6886

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Salinas, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Right when my husband and I arrived, we found a front row parking spot for the front office. When we walked in, we were greeted immediately with a friendly smile and we checked in. They noticed that it was only the two of us and asked if we wanted to upgrade from a regular two queen room to a king suite. We agreed (of course) and we got a really nice, clean room with a sofa, desk, refrigerator, microwave, two sinks, two TVs, tub/shower, and everything that comes in any hotel room. At night, it was very quiet and our room faced east so there was no morning light in our room in the morning. Very comfy bedding and the mattress was not lumpy or too hard. I found absolutely nothing wrong with the room.
The next day, I went to the pool. It was clean with a towel folded on each lounge chair. the exercise room was dinky and at least 10 degrees hotter than it was outside. Good thing I don't use the gyms at hotels!
I frantically realized the next night that I needed a printer fast. I called the front desk to see if they had a computer hooked up with a printer. They said of course, print as much as you want for no extra charge. The internet on that computer was super fast and the printer got the job done.
This 3 night stay was the best stay at a hotel EVER! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Get a room facing east. Light WILL show through in your room if you want to sleep in later.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Service was great. Nice rooms, clean location was fine,Quiet.Rates were good.Staff was very nice, and they were very helpful when needed.Food in the breakfast room was very nice and set up very nice it was very clean, and had a staff that was always cleaning and taking care of you,

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Wellington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Very comfortable room, a bit dated and cramped perhaps. Great powerful shower and very fast wifi. Breakfast was ho hum. Very helpful and friendly staff at reception. Can't beat the location for trips to the zoo and USS Midway. Good value for money.

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed there as a first hotel and I must say I wasn´t expecting too much, but when we arrived the room was really nice, like they made improvements to the hotel, the front desk staff was very helpful she explain me everything without missing a single detail. I work on hospitality business and I must say that this hotel is a great value. The breakfast goes beyond a simple breakfast , I will be back next year this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My sister and I always stay in a La Quinta usually because the beds are so amazing and the service is nice. This place in San Diego had it's up and downs. We never received a safe key for the room, it took us forever to get into our room because the card reader was off so it took many of tries to get it. The beds were hard as rocks. Not your typical La Quinta beds!! I was so excited to stay in this hotel for the beds specifically. The breakfast room had no bathroom and was extremely hot in temperature. It was mid to high 80's outside and the heat from the waffle makers and toasters were making the room even hotter. What is nice is they have a hot tub + pool and provide towels. They have a decent view. Right off the highway and close to food gas and shopping. As I was browsing the site a few months after the booking, I noticed the price went down per night. So i called them and they changed the price for me. Overall it was ok. There was free food and I was happy with that

Room Tip: Don't get a room by the pool. Kids are always screaming and yelling down there
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta