You added La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego SeaWorld/Zoo Area to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego SeaWorld/Zoo Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   641 Camino Del Rio South, San Diego, CA 92108 (Mission Valley / Hotel Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #162 of 281 Hotels in San Diego
Albuquerque, NM
“Quite Comfy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed here for several nights. It's quite centrally located, so it was close to everywhere we went. Our dogs traveled with us and you can't beat La Quinta's pet policy. We had a suite. The bed was pretty comfortable and the living room was big enough and separate enough to make you feel like you weren't just hanging out in the anteroom of the bedroom. Overall, a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Our room was fairly close to the pool, but we didn't hear much noise from it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Pomona, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Since we had a good experience with LQ in Las Vegas Airport location, so this time we plan a mini vacation in San Diego. We decided to book with LQ again. Unfortunately, this location is a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT:

Pro:

Very impress reminder (via email) the coming trip with the weather forecast for the next 5 days

Cons:

1/ First night, after cruising around SD, came back to the room, there's a bud claiming in the bathroom (My fiancee did not tell me till the next day). Room #161.

We had 2 queen beds, my bed unfortunately the mattress not level & hard, and when you touch the mattress it feels like touching sand (sorry I do not know how to express) if you lay on the side (left or right) you may fall. So All night I stayed in the middle. at night I feel itching in my back, I thought maybe the weather dry so my skin irritated. In the morning, I told my fiancee about the bed, then he told about the bud, I assumed his bed side also has problems like mine, but it's a little better. My fiancee went to the front office, talked to them, they offered us a 25% discount for the first night, and offered us to move to another room. But we feel, all our clothes, stuffs..all out so we do not want to pack, unpack again..just 01 more night (I guess I can leave with it)

2/ When we came back to our room at 2pm after morning activities, we assumed the room already cleaned, changed bed sheets.etc...but It's not. My fiancee called them, they said" another hour" I was so tired, took the nap..around 3pm, the housekeeper arrived, I couldn't leave the room, just sit on the side let she's doing her chores...The housekeeper asked me" Do you want me to vacuum the carpet, do you want me to change the sheet for both bed???...

The breakfast is OK, not much offer like LQ in Las Vegas. The last words for LQ Manager, you need to take care the BUGS & replace the mattress if you want customers to come back. In my whole life of traveling, I never sleep in this kind of mattress when I was at the hotel (Paris, Italy, Hawaii, Cancun, Acapulco, Vancouver, Lad Vegas, Miami...) Sorry, I will not come back to this location, now this location give me a bad impression, a second thought about booking with La Quinta Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

San Pedro, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Couldn't have found a nicer place to stay: attractive lobby, rooms and breakfast room all clean and well maintained, professional/friendly service from everyone, enjoyable and tasty full breakfast, and so centrally located within in a few minutes of the Zoo/ Balboa Park, Sea World, Old Downtown San Diego and a few minutes more to the Seaport Village. We will definitely stay here again on our next visit! And will definitely recommend these accommodations to our family and friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for our nieces orientation at San Diego State University.
The housekeeping is terrible-all of our towels were taken one day for no reason, not replaced and all they left us was a bath mat for 4 people! Another day no service with no explanation from front desk.

The pool and hot tub area is tiny.

Our room was infested (twice) with bugs. One morning bugs were all over the pillows, and in the bathroom sink.

The bathroom is totally out of date and our vanity area was broken and cracked.

The management was nice about the issues, however did not give us confidence they would be fixed.

Next time we go visit our niece at SDSU we will not stay here and you should not either.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Penfield, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great staff & very well maintained property . I stay here 3 times per year traveling from east coast to visit family. The check-in staff is efficient and all staff are very accommodating. Pleasant little pool & spa in back. Reasonably priced, convenient to highways & attractions, and very comfortable rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo