“I will not recommend”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego SeaWorld/Zoo Area
Ranked #169 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
“I will not recommend”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Soooo dirty specially the carpet and service was poor. Smells urine the hallway. No crib available just small pack and play. Room so small and found cockroaches everywhere. Bad for health. Don't stay.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Mean1014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My only complaint ....the towels are not soft. Other than that no complaints. The hotel is close to all the attractions. The free breakfast is good. The rooms are clean. The service is excellent. Free safe in room. Large flat screen TV along with HBO. Underground parking good for small cars. Free WiFi is a plus too. The grounds were clean and free from litter.Was clean and we had a safe feeling staying there. I don't know how anyone could complain.
We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Top floor .............no overhead noises
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank familyfirst33907
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Well for the price you couldn't beat it! Flat screen TV's, beds were comfy with nice furniture decorations. The hotel has a modern clean feel to it and the shower head was awesome with great water pressure. Wanted to stay hours in the shower! Came with fridge, microwave and table/chairs. Parking was tight if you have a large vehicle but plenty in the underground parking. I felt safe at night which is BIG for me since it was just me and my daughter, no weird looking people just hanging out staring at you. Was convenient to attractions, Old Town and beaches. Continental breakfast was the best I've had so far. Fresh waffles, hard boiled eggs, cereal, bagels, milk, juice, fruit, toast etc. Nice dinning area to enjoy breakfast. The room has HBO so I was able to watch my GOT on Sunday! Free Wifi although it did not work on my phone. Didn't bring my laptop so I cannot review wifi on that. Had no complaints. Staff was friendly when I checked in. I will DEFINITELY stay here again!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Arizona
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We booked here when it seemed everything else was already full. It is a decent location but when we arrived we felt like we had overpaid, especially since many hotels had signs with last minute rates that were a lot better. The employees were fine, but the rooms were small, outdated, dirty and fowl smelling. The door between our rooms was open when we arrived, and there was no way to secure the door. It is a "pet friendly" hotel, so we often came across feces on the walkways and in the grass. Breakfast was not as we had thought. Not much of anything, and they said they had a waffle iron but no batter. We ended up skipping it most of the stay. We were too tired when we arrived to put up a fuss, and the management was unavailable when we needed to talk. Our rooms were nonrefundable. The pool was not taken care of, though it was empty most of the time. When we made mention of the few little things we experienced, we were thanked for our stay. There are a lot worse places, but I had thought this would be an alright place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
El Paso, Texas, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Let me just sat that the staff is great. Usually I try to stick to la Quinta brand when traveling with family or my pets. Knowing how the rooms must look like and breakfast should be like, it was rather surprising to find that the rooms were about one third smaller than the average rooms we've stayed at. The bathroom was also very small. Also, for what I gathered the location consists of two buildings and on one side they keep the "pet rooms" and the other the "non pet". This might be great for you if you don't want to spend your vacation hearing a barking dog. However, on the pet side is where they keep the breakfast area which would make it inconvenient if the weather is not at its best.
Breakfast was missing the sausage and eggs!!
Because of the location (within 10mins of zoo, sea world,parks etc) and great staff, who allowed us to check in a bit earlier since we arrived sooner than expected, I have no doubt in my mind I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Judith O
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 28, 2013

First let me start with the good. The prices were excellent and the location was safe and close to beaches/mall/food. Everything that the staff could help with, they did. Check in was a breeze, awesome front desk help (Reina or Rayna) super nice desk staff. We called for towles and they were at the door in 10 minutes, impressive.

Now for the rest. We were traveling with two teenage girls and asked for a 2 room suite. To my surprise, the was no door seperating two" rooms" and the bathroom was in the main bedroom. I felt it was silly to ask two teenagers to sleep on a (flimsy) pull out while still listening to the adults snore only 3 feet away. So much for privacy. The two rooms were practically on top of each other. Very small rooms and TINY bathrom. My advice: If you have 4 people, get two regular rooms conecting. We could hear the room above us with paper thin celings. The continental breakfast was good, just SO crowded. To many people in a tiny place. We took our bagles to the room to eat. I suppose this was also because it was a holiday weekend.

All in all, if your not spending tons of time in the room, its okay. Great customer service must be what keeps this LaQuinta in business.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed here for two nights during Memorial weekend. The inn is conveniently located near hotel circle, and gets on fwy easily. We chose it because it's pet friendly. We have a small dog traveling with us. However the inn is constructed with no sound proof at all. It's very noisy with foot traffic, and people staying above us ( we were at room #173) stomping/ jumping up and down even at night. Complaints made to front desk yield little help. Also 2nd night while lying on bed watching TV a large spider crawled onto bed. we will never stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Avoid first level rooms by all means.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple