“Horrible experience do not waste your money”
Review of Spa Tiki - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Spa Tiki
Chula Vista, California
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Horrible experience do not waste your money”
Reviewed November 21, 2008

I had triedm because for once in my life, my skin was not the same. I thought I needed professional help. The first time was ok and so was the second. The third time was disastrous. It seems that there is a conflict between estheticians. I had my favorite esthetician from the second visit, and when she couldn't make the third appointment, another esthetician filled in. She spoke very badly of my chosen esthetician. During my facial all she did was scold me about how bad I was taking care of my skin. Mind you I was paying over $150 to have what I thought, was a professional help me. I was laying there, in anger, until she was done. Insulted through the whole ordeal. When I was done I informed the manager of how unprofessional her esthetician was. That manager gave me a 10% off. As if that would make up for the horrific experience of laying naked(in a vulnerable state) under covers while this lady put me down, for not taking care of my skin. I THOUGHT THATS WHY WE PAY FOR SPAS, TO HAVE THEM TAKE CARE OF WHAT I CANNOT. This happened in June and I will never go back. The manager didn't care, didn't even offer a complimentary with the esthetician of my choice. The unprofessionalism is so key. This is not a reputable spa.

4 Thank hac0y7

San Diego
“Positively Loved It!”
Reviewed August 13, 2008

The entire staff is great. I haven't met a person there yet that I didn't adore!. They kept asking me for anything that I wanted. The top notch estician recommended some products and I am really impressed with the quality. The lay out of the spa is very beautiful and relaxing. Overall I give this a 10/10... I would happily spend a lot of money on the facial experience again. My facial (inculding extractions) glowed without ANY usual marks on my face. Marla is extremely sweet and gives the best facials I've ever had in my life. I was extremely happy afterwards. I even enjoyed my Mai Tai...it was delicious and fresh. The spa was crowded on Sunday morning, but honestly, they do an excellent job and making everyone feel comfortable while waiting for their session to begin.

Pros: Out of this world facial, inviting atmosphere, excellent client care

San Diego,
“A mini vacation”
Reviewed July 22, 2008

If you are looking for an escape without paying the price to fly or drive- check out spa tiki! They have a unique exotic/Fiji mood and a friendly staff waiting to pamper you :)
Provide great service options: Nail care, massages, facials, body scrubs and wraps, makeup, steam room, Mai Tai's, full locker rooms, clean, so much more you must see for yourself!
Location is hard to find… do not use their mailing address!
They are located on 3rd Ave in between j and k st with valet parking available!
Try their coconut milk bath by yourself or with your significant other!

San Diego
“just what i needed”
Reviewed July 15, 2008

I just moved into the East Village in downtown and my roomate and I figured we needed some R&R. She loves anything tropical so we figured we would trek on over to spa tiki and test it out. My massage was just what I needed and my facial was awesome!! They have this facial called a Maui Facial and everything in it smells absolutely delicious. I loved it all. I highly recommend this place, I'm taking my boyfriend for our anniversary...no questions asked. :)

Point Loma
“Favorite Spa in San Diego, Best Facials Ever!!!!”
Reviewed July 7, 2008

I have been to many spas in San Diego and this is by far the best!! They have the sweetest, most accomodating staff. They have a very fun and relaxed atmosphere. I have been back many times, especially for the tropical enzyme facial. This is the best facial ever!! I always receive soooooooooo many compliments on my skin after receiving this facial. I love this place, its my paradise!!!!!!!!!!!