“What a find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Alexi's Greek Cafe

Alexi's Greek Cafe
Ranked #1,008 of 4,716 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget
Description: Located in the Hillcrest area
Norwich
“What a find!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

This place was found by sheer luck while me and my family were roaming around trying to find somewhere to eat. As someone who is part Greek i do often struggle to want to go to a Greek restaurant/cafe as my standards are set far to high for obvious reasons but this place drew me in because it served a soup i grew up on: Avgolemono. This soup, while extremely lovely, is difficult to find on menus so this place was special.

For roughly $12 each we had a starter, main and drinks (be it wine or soda). The gentleman who served our party of 8 remembered everything we ordered, the food was prompt, delicious and the overall service impeccable. I really couldn't praise this establishment enough. For $12 a head to eat the food we had, felt uncomfortable but me more than made up for it with a good tip.

Please give this cafe a go,you won't be disappointed.

Ps- please serve Drahana!!!

Visited September 2013

San Diego, California
“Great Original Greek Taberna Food”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Try Alexi's on 5th Avenue in San Diego. The menu is inexpensive and has most of the Greek delights you would find in a Taberna in Greece. George, the manager and chef, makes the best Greek Giros and other delights imaginable. It's a great place anytime for a quick bite between 11:30 am and 10 pm everyday. Quality and prices far exceed the local Greek chains.
They even carry Greek beers !!

• Visited July 2013
Morongo Valley, California
“Excellent value in a small urban Greek cafe”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

When I'm in San Diego, I like to stop at Alexi's for a great Greek meal. The food is top notch, the service friendly. All plates come with homemade soup and a tasty Greek salad. I like the chicken kabobs as well as the moussaka. Sometimes the owner's mother is there giving this place a real sense of character. All this at a bargain price. This one-man operation is a real find.

• Visited February 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Huge Servings.”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The Greek Dinner Special included a small bowl of good split pea soup. Then came a Greek salad followed by gyros of lamb which was dry, souvlaki of chicken, spanokopita with taziki. This would have been enough however it also came with rice, chips & pita! I left these.
This Cafe is like a little roadside cafe in Greece with the usual adornments. However it lacks the service...it is not owner operated.One experience is enough for me.

Visited September 2012
“Good Greek food in San Diego”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

The small restaurant was excellent. The server was attentive to our needs and the food was good. We enjoyed the fish and chips, a filo/spinach/cheese dish and a chicken gyro. All meals came with lots of extras. They were used to small children and we would go back.