“Best Cake I've Ever Had, and I've Had a Lot”

European Cake Gallery
Ranked #1,316 of 4,764 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: African
Description: http://www.europeancakegallery.com
Description: http://www.europeancakegallery.com
San Diego, California
“Best Cake I've Ever Had, and I've Had a Lot”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Five stars were created for the European Cake Gallery. For almost thirty years, EVERY wedding cake for my very-food-savvy family has been ordered from the Then. This includes my own from November 2012.

I know people that have bought an extra plane seat in order to fly their cakes across the country for special events. I once flew one to Boston to wow my boss.

I don't know how they do it, but their flavor and texture cannot be matched. I have eaten cakes in Italy, Mexico, Spain, Canada, France, Germany, and all over the United States including the best places in Boston, New York, Seattle, Portland, and Los Angeles and this place beats them all.

But don't take my word for it. They sell slices. Walk on in, say hi to Steve, and grab yourself a few. My favorite is the white Bavarian lemon with raspberry, but they're all amazing. :)

• Visited August 2013

Canada
“Yum!”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Love this place! The Cinnamon Pullapart bread is AMAZING! So is the black forest cake! You can get a whole cake or individual slices! Anytime I'm in San Diego I have to stop by here & get 4 or more loaves of cinnamon pull apart bread to take back home to Canada with me! It's THAT good! Lots of other really good looking baked items in the store, such as pies, cakes, cookies, strudels & etc. Staff are always really nice.

• Visited June 2012