We stayed here during my daughter's softball tournament held in the local area. What a convenient location. Planners did well to have a Wendy's, gas station, and Chili's within walking distance.
As you drive in, there is plenty of parking, and I believe it is always free. Stepping inside the hotel, I was struck by the newer, modern vibe. Clean and fresh feeling.
Moving up the elevator, the rooms really have everything one needs--clean, newish furniture and carpet. Microwave and mini fridge, sink, coffee maker, even plastic utensils and plates! Bathroom--nice shower, full length mirror. Even a little closet with decent (not tiny) hair dryer and an iron! The bed is better than you would imagine for this level hotel--really comfy with lots of down pillows--the benefits of the Marriott connection. And, though you see the road or freeway from your room, road noise was not a factor from my 2nd floor room.
I wouldn't describe the room as a suite, however. It is more like a compact studio. That said, I love the design and the efficient use of space. Very clever layout and everything you need really is all there. Whatever designer came up with this layout should be awarded.
The breakfast is quite satisfying and seating area very pleasant, with newer, clean and dare I say pretty furniture. AND there is plenty of seating--an issue at many of these extended stay hotels, but not here. Best fresh strawberries I have ever had at any hotel breakfast.
Oh, and there is also a small fitness room with treadmill, weights, stair climber. And, a small pool. Don't expect to do laps in it, but it is warm, so kids can jump in even at night.
Lastly, the staff I encountered at every level were friendly and helpful. When I brought a concern I had to their attention, they were sympathetic and solved the problem. Employees of the hotel seem appropriately suited for the hospitality industry. Wow, what do you know.
We look forward to staying there again next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our all-suite hotel offers 137 Marriott studio suites each with living, sleeping and a kitchen area with mini-refrigerators and microwaves. Our all-suite San Diego hotel offers wireless high-speed Internet, daily complimentary breakfast, outdoor pool and much more including the newly redesigned inspired lobby and public spaces. We are located just minutes away from Rancho Bernardo, Poway, and San Diego business parks, and we are a short distance from southern California's beaches, Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, the San Diego Wild Animal Park, and other area attractions. When visiting San Diego, the Springhill Suites by Marriott - San Diego / Rancho Bernardo / Scripps-Poway is the perfect choice for you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway Hotel San Diego
- San Diego Springhill Suites