SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway
Fairmont.com
$255
$223
  • Pool
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$282
$260
  • Restaurant
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$157
$126
  • Restaurant
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$207
$178
  • Beachfront
$214
$151
  • Breakfast included
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$323
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$219
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewschili's restaurantthe breakfast arearoom was cleansoccer teammini martmicrowave and mini fridgequick drivewould stay here againyogurtmake your own wafflessafari parksofa bedwaffle makerhot breakfaststayed one nightrestaurants within walking distanceminute drive
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My wife and I and our 3 children ages 17, 14, 11 stayed here on our first trip to the San Diego area. When we arrived late in the evening the front desk team member was pleasant and had everything ready for us making check-in smooth. The room was clean and adequate for the five of us. The complimentary breakfast was good and on the weekends, a waffle bar is added to their menu of eggs, sausage or ham, muffins, breads, croissants, fruit, yogurt, cereals, oatmeal, juices, milk and coffee. This seemed to be a busy time at the hotel during the week of Christmas and the breakfast area was crowded on many occasions. This made it difficult for the breakfast host to keep up with stocking the food. Maybe during high occupancy times, the hotel could bring in a second breakfast host to help keep breakfast items supplied. Some guest seemed to handle the frequent running out of food in good stride, but you could see frustration on some others.

Housekeepers were friendly and the front desk staff went out of their way to meet our needs. Most of the time when we left in the morning and when we arrived in the evening, we were greeted with a smile and "have a good day" or "welcome back" by the front desk associate. This property is easily accessible off I-15 and in a location that allows you to get to San Diego area attractions with ease and in a timely manner (usually within 20 minutes). Overall, this was a good stay and great value for us.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Derek E, Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Scott M,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us during your recent and first trip to San Diego. Yes the holidays can be a very busy time in a destination city like San Diego, I'm sure you saw first hand why with the fantastic weather we had, but thank you for your patience and understanding. Our staff really goes out of thier way to make every guest feel at home and I'm glad you and your family were able to experience that.

We hope you get to travel to San Diego again in the future and choose to stay with us again.

Have a great new year!

Best Wishes,

Derek Edwards
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Checked in after a 5 hour flight and ready for some sleep. The room had the ceiling fan at full throttle and the air set to 55. The room was frigid! I asked to be moved and was told the best they could do was let me check out of their hotel at no charge. Certainly not up to marriott standards that I have experienced in the past. All I wanted was a comfortable place to sleep for a night...pretty low bar to meet. As an extra bonus not one hand towel in the bathroom.

1  Thank Rag5691
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thank for taking the time write a review of your experience at my hotel on Trip Advisor. I want to apologize that the hotel was not up to par. I will follow through by sharing your comments with the appropriate departments to help improve our service levels in the affected areas for you and future guests. We hope to see you in the near future so that we may provide you with the excellent service you are accustomed to from Marriott.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stayed here for our cousins Change of Command ceremony. The front desk was very helpful getting us into our rooms quickly. The rooms are modern and very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet had variety and many healthy options. A delightful stay!

• Stayed: November 2013
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you sharing your positive experiences with us. It is nice to hear that you found the property and the staff to meet your needs during your stay. We hope you come back and visit.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a soccer group and it was great for that. The small kitchen area with the microwave is ideal and the breakfast is adequate. I felt the rooms are getting a little tired. Gym is very good for this type of hotel and we also used the meeting room for a team dinner when we brought food in. The hotel was very accommodating. There is a Chili's across the car park.

• Stayed: November 2013
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience while visiting our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us as we feel it is one more way for us to know how we are doing and to correct the things that need attention. I am happy to hear the staff and the hotel was accommodating to the teams needs during your stay.

Thanks again,

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is an older SHS that has been updated with new furnishings. Check in was pleasant and efficient. I could tell from the pictures on line that space on the side of the bed near the window was very limited due to the position of the HVAC unit so I opted for two beds so neither of us would have to struggle through that tight space at night. The beds were comfortable and the sheets were very soft and felt wonderful, I had a cozy sleep. I found the internet to be a little sluggish. Breakfast was very nice. The coffee was the best I have had in a hotel since I can’t remember when - it was very robust and flavorful. They had the standard SHS breakfast where the hot items were sausage and reconstituted eggs but they also had lunch meat and cheese slices which was very unusual. They had homemade oatmeal that was very good. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: If more than one person will be using the room, get two beds.
Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review! Our team is committed to making our guests' stay both enjoyable and comfortable. We value your feedback, and are grateful for the recognition you placed on our breakfast. We hope you'll come back and visit soon.

Warm regards,