All reviewsfront deskchili's restaurantroom was cleanquick drivewould stay here againyogurtbreakfast staffmake your own wafflessofa bedcomplimentary breakfaststayed one nightminute drivebusiness tripa great place to stayfreewaysinkmicrowave
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our primary purpose for this trip was to visit Sea World, and I was a little concerned that this hotel was too far away. The location actually turned out to be a plus, as we avoided the chaos and confusion of the whole Hotel Circle/tourist area. The location was very quiet, and the hotel is in a complex with a Chili's, a Wendy's, and a gas station which was very convenient for us. The hotel offers free breakfast including waffles, eggs, etc. along with the usual pastries and such. Service at the front desk and in the breakfast area was great. Sea World was a short 15 to 20 minute drive. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
GMSDMarriotts, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Saha4317,

Thank you for the kind words about your stay! We are pleased that you enjoyed our great service at breakfast and from our guest services team. We are sometimes faced with the perception that we are far from the city but we are basically 20 minutes from everything. We are really quite central! Thank you for pointing that out to other travelers.

We look forward to seeing you again soon. There is much more to see in San Diego!

Warmly,

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Chose this hotel based on good ratings from my friends on Trip Advisor. Our experience was less than stellar. First the good things. Like the spread at breakfast. The lady who ran it was a real pro who really took great care of us. She could not do better. The cleaning staff was did a great job for us each day. Now for the bad. Check in was pretty slow because the guy at the front desk was having a personal phone call. We had to wait until he was done. We had a lot of plumbing problems in our room - no real how water in the showers, a drain clogged with hair, a shower head that just screamed and whistled like a tea kettle. It made it really hard to enjoy a hot shower when the noise was deafening. The beds are very hard and the pillows were very dense -- difficult to get a good night's rest -- ended up with back aches from the bed. To top it off, our last night our floor was invaded by a very loud lacrosse team. We had to call security. Even then it took nearly an hour to calm them down. We cut our stay short to cut our losses and moved on to a nearby Marriott.

Room Tip: I'd recommend staying somewhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MeanDanSiv
GMSDMarriotts, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

MeanDanSiv,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast and the service from our housekeeping staff.

I am deeply sorry about the plumbing issues in your room and poor service from our front desk representative. As you can see from prior reviews, this is not typical of our hotel. We pride ourselves on delivering the best rooms and best service. I apologize that we failed to deliver on your (and our) expectations. Further, I am sorry that the youth group was not respectful of our other guests. We did address it several times before we finally had to remove a few individuals.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further so I may obtain some additional details about your stay. Please feel free to call me at 858-635-5723 anytime.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was sent to San Diego for a long work trip. Ofcourse, I was new to the area and had no idea what to expect. As I arrived at the hotel, Matt was at the front desk and helped me check in. I have been in customer service most of my life, so I pay close attention to the people who are providing me with customer service. Not only was Matt extremely sincere and friendly, he was also very helpful with the different options that I had in terms of the view. He also gave me a list of restaurants around the area and really made me feel welcome. This is very important, because he was the very first interaction I had, and he left such an impression on me that would result in customer loyalty for a lifetime.

• Stayed: February 2013

mfalahati,

Thank you for the 5 star review! Thank you for recognizing Matt and his efforts to help you feel welcome. We have some great local favorite restaurants and we love to share those "hidden gems" with our guests. We are pleased to hear that you will be a loyal guest for a lifetime.

We look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife and I travel to the San Diego area from Utah quite often, and have stayed at the SpringHill Suites multiple times over the last few years. The rooms are wonderful, spacious, and always immaculately clean. The staff is fabulous, they will do anything to make sure that our stay is perfect in every way, and it's nice seeing the same faces every time we go. Kyle at the front desk is especially helpful and has always gone the extra mile for us.
Would definitely recommend staying here, relax and enjoy yourselves!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
GMSDMarriotts, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Wade F,

Thank you for the great review! We are pleased that we are your first choice when travelling to San Diego. We are thrilled that you love our spacious and clean rooms. Thank you for recognizing Kyle and other familiar faces. It is our staff that makes the difference.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warmly,

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Went for my son's basketball tournament the begining of Januarry, didnt plan on staying the whole weekend, but the employees were very accommodating! From the moment We walk in, it was an amazing experince! The Hotel is clean, food is great, the costumer service is amazing! Great place to stay in San Diego!!! Location is great!
The fron desk Matt was Awesome!!!!

Room Tip: Breakfast is great!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
GMSDMarriotts, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Veronica J,

Thank you so much for the review! We are delighted that you enjoyed our location and breakfast, but most of all, our service. Thank you for specifically recognizing Matt as a memorable associate!

We look forward to seeing you for the next tournament.