All reviewsfront deskchili's restaurantroom was cleanquick drivewould stay here againyogurtbreakfast staffmake your own wafflessofa bedcomplimentary breakfaststayed one nightminute drivebusiness tripa great place to stayfreewaysinkmicrowave
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I had searched many hotels trying to find a facility to have our Men's church retreat... from the moment I walked into the SpringHill Suites... I felt that this would be a great place... I met Carly McCormick the Senior Sales Manager... what a great experience that was... she made it known that she and the staff would love for us to have our retreat there... not just in words but in actions... they have done everything thing in their power to make this such an enjoyable experience... this is a great hotel... newly renovated... beautiful... reasonably priced... great staff... and breakfast is included... they go out of their way to make sure you had a pleasant and fun filled time... this is how you run a hotel... I am now making this our hotel of choice for my family when we come to the San Diego Area... looking forward to being there in February and again in March...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Pastor7777
GMSDMarriotts, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Pastor7777,

Thank you for the kind review and recognizing Carly and her efforts to serve your group. The breakfast, beautiful rooms, and great value are important to our guests and our great staff makes all the difference. We are looking forward to welcoming your upcoming groups and your return family visits.

Warmly,

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Great location and easy to get to from the airport, and a quick drive to office complexes in Rancho Bernardo. The rooms are great and this property hasn't adopted the recent trend of Marriott to have overly soft beds. I had one of the best night's sleep in a long time here.

Restaurants, groceries, and other retail is easily accessible, with two restaurants in walking distance. The complimentary breakfast is good for this price range and unlike most places there is adequate seating for breakfast.

I had limited interaction with staff, but they were friendly, professional, and efficient.

I will stay here when I return to the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
GMSDMarriotts, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

ChrisInSC,

Thank you so much for the positive review. We are happy that you enjoyed our convenient location. We do have new Sealy Posturpedic mattresses and beds are a very personal preference so we are pleased that you enjoyed ours. Business travel is difficult enough and a good nights sleep can make all the difference. We are pleased you found great value in our offerings and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Thank you again for sharing your review with other TripAdvisor users. As a senior contributor, your feedback is very valuable.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Springhill Suites are my favorite of the Marriott chain - A large room at a reasonable price. This one was excellent, no complaints at all. Excellent location right next to I-15, plenty of shops and restaurants very close by. Room was very clean, breakfast was great.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
GMSDMarriotts, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

alternate41,

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate the fact that you recognized our convenient location, great breakfast, and great value. We are pleased that you enjoy SpringHill Suites. Not everyone is as familiar with this great brand yet but those that find it often cant believe the value it delivers.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I was given a room on the first floor. While I normally prefer higher floors, the room was still good. The high ceilings of the first floor were nice. Although no actual stove, the kitchenette area is convenient to have in the room. As with all the Springhill Suites that I've stayed at, they have courteous front desk staff, clean rooms, and a decent exercise room.

However, I would have preferred a better breakfast in the morning. There were many people staying at the hotel, so I understand that it would be busy. However, the two people handling the breakfast area were not able to refill the empty items. One thing ran out, and then by the time it would get refilled, another item would run out. Some items ran out and were never refilled, such as the waffle mix and the oatmeal. Other items took a very long time to get refilled, such as the hot food items, the juice, the cups for the juice, the milk, and the yogurt. Then, the second it hit 9:30am, the ending time for breakfast, it seemed the staff was in such a hurry to end breakfast. Within a couple of minutes, they cleaned out everything that was there, even with so many people still waiting for breakfast items.

Overall, I still had a good stay, but the breakfast situation needs improvement.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flipsyde112

flipsyde112,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoy the brand as well.

I apologize that our breakfast staff was a little overrun during your stay. I can assure you that this is not typical and I believe we actually addressed the issue already. That said, I would love to know the dates of your stay so I can make sure I have corrected the issue. Please contact me at 858-635-5723 at anytime.

Thank you for the feedback. We look forward to your return and showing how good our breakfast can be.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

My boys play on a travel waterpolo team and you need things close by. This hotel works great because of the staff as well as the two restraunts next door and a gas station in the same complex. Being close to major freeways and easy access makes this a good value

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bob l
GMSDMarriotts, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

bob l,

Thank you for the review. As a TripAdvisor Senior Reviewer, we recognize that you are a savvy traveler with an eye for detail. We are pleased that you recognized our staff and location as great values in your stay. We look forward to hosting your family and water polo team on your next visit.

Thank you again for the review. Your business and feedback are important to us!