The property is well maintained and is an excellent location. For persons travelling "leisure", the location is excellent since this property is central to San Diego county, just 15mins south and you are downtown, 15min north and you are in the Oceanside area. Access to expressway is easy and then you are on your way. Business travel - excellent provided there is no sports activity coinciding with your stay.
Stayed over the holiday, after Christmas through New Year. This hotel was 'ground zero' for many teams and families, which this property is well suited for, however this large occupancy over-whelmed the breakfast staff as they did not keep up. During "normal" times the breakfast is well done.
The property is what you will expect given the Marriott brand. Do however INSPECT the extra bedding/blankets as during this stay we had to turn in 2 blankets, #1 for dirt, #2 for an unknown "biological" stain. Not sure if housekeeping cleans the extra bedding which you will find in the closets - be sure to look it over if using. Eve. staff did replace (only after having to search for replacements).
Given this was a holiday period, management did not service rooms on New Year Day, however they did not discount the room price until challenged. While it was nice to recognize the employees, a full service hotel should not have to be asked to adjust the rate if full service is intentionally not provided (night manager did make an adjustment.)
Overall, good location - worth of consideration while staying in the area, just be cognizent of bedding and if "team' activity is scheduled for the area, be prepared since this location is geared toward family activity (good if traveling with family/team).
Rooms - request lower numbered rooms on any of the floors (1-15) as higher numbers are closer to expressway and the associated noise, along with enjoying the 4am garbage truck beeper at the adjacent Chillis restaurant, request a lower odd-numbered room on floor 3 or 4.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our all-suite hotel offers 137 Marriott studio suites each with living, sleeping and a kitchen area with mini-refrigerators and microwaves. Our all-suite San Diego hotel offers wireless high-speed Internet, daily complimentary breakfast, outdoor pool and much more including the newly redesigned inspired lobby and public spaces. We are located just minutes away from Rancho Bernardo, Poway, and San Diego business parks, and we are a short distance from southern California's beaches, Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, the San Diego Wild Animal Park, and other area attractions. When visiting San Diego, the Springhill Suites by Marriott - San Diego / Rancho Bernardo / Scripps-Poway is the perfect choice for you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway Hotel San Diego
- San Diego Springhill Suites