“Best stay in the San Diego Area”

SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway
Ranked #122 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Dallas, Texas
“Best stay in the San Diego Area”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I did work for several months in San Diego and after trying a lot of different hotels I did fall in love with the SpringHill Suites. The rooms are very nice and important exreme clean (no surprise if you look under the bed or in the bathroom corners). Most important the staff is always going the extra mile to help and support. Looking forward fo rmy next stay.

Room Tip: As usually stay away from the room at the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ThomasZenger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have been staying at SpringHill Suites for the past month while I transition into my new home after relocating from New York back to California. The rooms were in excellent condition and quiet throughout halls and complex. The breakfasts and meals that were included were high quality and plentiful from the first hour to the last. The management and staff were excellent and accessable. My family and I would highly recommend this home away from home to any weary traveler in need of a pleasant experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sofia P
Hayward, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 27, 2012

After reading other reviews, I have to agree. I was pleasantly surprised by the spacious room, the two large plasma t.v.s and small kitchen. We were able to check in a little earlier than was their policy. The staff was very pleasant about accommodating us about the check in. It's probably me, but having breakfast included is a big draw for me. And what a terrific spread they had! The eating area was large, clean and inviting. I'm glad to recommend a hotel that clearly gives you your money's worth!

1 Thank LeeB13
Warrington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I just stayed for about 10 days at the SpringHill Suites. The location was ideal, and the hotel room was beautiful, brand new, and very clean. The accomodations provided me everything that I needed for this trip, including a luxurious swim in the hot tub.
I had reserved a room for training purposes, and the entire staff did everything possible to make sure that all business needs were highly met, and gave on-going daily support, as well as making sure to maintain our happiness with their service.
Well done!
Breakfast, apples, coffee, and candy treats were awesome!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jo Anne P
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed here over Labor Day weekend for a soccer tournament nearby. Traveling with a team of 11 boys you could imagine it would be a little crazy. The hotel staff was very pleasant. All rooms were well equiped with very nice beds and bedding. The suites are nice with the extra area giving you the feeling of more room. Breakfast was good. Coffee and fruit offered all day!!

We would stay here again. Thank you SpringHill Suites!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the freeway. A know other families said that side of the hotel was loud...
portlaoise
Reviewed September 11, 2012

stayed at this hotel with my husband and 3 kids ( 10,8,4)
our experience was great from start to finish, the hotel is exactly as it is described on its website.
lovely airy foyer and breakfast area.
the suite we had was perfect, very clean, very new, all modern.
The pool was a little on the small side and was too deep for my 4yr old.
The free breakfast was fine, considering we were there labour day weekend.
the hotel area is picturesque, beaufiful and relaxing, very quiet, there's a chili's in the ajoining car park, and parking was plentyful.
We were doing a road trip around california and I would recommend a stop off at San Diego, great city. This hotel for us was a 20-30 min drive to the city.
would definately stay here again.

1 Thank 47RBB
MN
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My family and I stayed here for two nights at the beginning of August. We drove down from LA where we had been staying so that we would be closer to SeaWorld. This was about 20-30 minutes away. We had a king bed and a pull out couch. The room was very spacious and clean. There was also a small refrigerator and a microwave and small sink. The beds were comfortable.

The breakfast buffet was wonderful with everything from waffles to hot breakfast meats.

My only complaint was that when the pullout was out, you coudln't get from one side of the room to the other without walking over the bed.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor so our kids wouldn't fight over the elevator.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, November 18, 2015
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review on your recent stay at the Springhill Suites San Diego! Our team is committed to making our guests' stay both enjoyable and comfortable. We value your feedback, and are grateful for the recognition you placed on the property. We hope you'll come back and visit soon.

Warm Regards,