SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway
$99
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$109
$125
$89
Travelocity
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$199
$189
Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
$299
  • Beachfront
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$187
$178
  • Beachfront
La Jolla Beach Travelodge(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$127
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$173
$169
  • Pool
All reviewschili's restaurantthe breakfast arearoom was cleansoccer teammini martmicrowave and mini fridgequick drivewould stay here againyogurtmake your own wafflessafari parksofa bedwaffle makerhot breakfaststayed one nightrestaurants within walking distanceminute drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I haven't spent much time in the Springhill Suites chain of hotels, but I think I like what I've come across here and in.... I think Arlington, Texas. In both locations, I had the exact same room layout. In fact, I wake up in the morning shaking, praying to jeeebus that I'm not back in Arlington.

The Springhill around the corner from my company's corporate office is the practical and preferred choice for all business travel into San Diego. Thankfully the hotel staff take pride in what they're doing. The desk staff is very friendly, super helpful... even if you've misplaced your room key... three times... during... four days..

Breakfast is served every morning for a few hours starting at 6:30am. It's hotel breakfast, but it's free and gets you going. The housekeeping staff is on point. My room is sparkling every time I come back. The beds are surprisingly comfortable but the sheets aren't enough for me. This is one of those hotels where no comforter is used (and probably for good reason - I read somewhere that hotels only wash those every few months anyway). It just gets cold in here, or really hot... the wall AC/heating unit is a bit testy... you never know what you're going to get come morning. What feels good at midnight may feel like a total 180 when you wake up. On the plus side, even the cheap rooms have a microwave, mini-fridge and kitchen sink meaning this wouldn't be too bad of a spot for an extended stay.

As for businesses immediately around the hotel you've got your typical on-the-road-business fare. A Chili's, Wendy's, USA Gasoline and a slightly over priced seafood restaurant called "The Firegrill" occupy the same lot. Do yourself a favor and hop in that rental car and just get out of Poway completely. San Diego is a nice town, the last thing you need to do is work all day then hole up right next to I-15 all pissed off about eating a Chili's night after night.

The hotel is legit and I guess the moral of the story is that if you're stuck in Poway for work for a week or longer, this is probably your best bet if your company can't score the corporate rate for the Double Tree Golf up the road a bit. Ours did, but two days after I booked my reservation here. Whatever. Next time.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank milesandtime
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We were in Scripps Ranch for a softball tournament and stayed at Springhill Suites for two nights. The rooms were spacious for my family of 5 and the breakfast was good for players who were going to be out of the fields all day. We will stay again if we are in town next year for the same tournament. AAA price was much better than the on line best price.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2010

This place was NOT Marriott quality. It looked and smelled more like a homeless shelter and the mattress on the bed was SO old that it had a fold in the middle of it.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Healthinformatics_rn
GMSDMarriotts, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2010

Dear guest,

I deeply apologize for your less than positive experience at our Springhill Suites. We make every effort to insure the highest quality every time. I would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you and gather any additional details such as dates of stay and room #. This would help me identify any potential issue(s).

I can assure you that this is not normal and we make every effort to avoid any dissatisfaction. In the rare occasion where we fail to deliver, we appreciate the opportunity to fix the situation.

Please contact me to discuss further.

Trent Selbrede, General Manager
858-635-5723

Reviewed September 26, 2010

We stayed here for two nights. Two adults and one teenager. I've gotten to be very picky about the hotels we stay in, and this one passed with flying colors! The room was clean and big enough for the three of us. Breakfast was more than adequate, and was being restocked continuously while we were in the eating area. We needed to use the computer to get on the internet and then the printer, and it was free and fast! It's a reasonable distance from the tourist attractions, with lots of restaurants and shopping centers close by. And best of all, FREE PARKING!! The only negative thing I can say is that queen size beds would have been much better than double beds. Next time we will utilize the pullout couch so we all have our own bed! We will be staying here again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank laxmom25
Reviewed August 25, 2010

We stayed for 6 nights at this hotel. We liked that we could get 2 beds plus a pullout sofa. It was a bit of a tight squeeze with the sofa out but it was adequate. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was uninspiring but plentiful. Staff was always restocking the food so even when there were several sports teams in residence there was plenty to eat. The rooms were clean. The pool is fairly small. Internet connectivity was good. We used the business center once and it was fine too. We found that just about everything we wanted to do (SD Zoo, Sea World, LaJolla,Wild Animal Park, etc) was about 20 minutes in one direction or another, with convenient expressway access.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family