“Suites...sweet!”

Ranked #120 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
“Suites...sweet!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Hubby & I have decided we want to stay in a suite if our stay is greater than one night. This place has it! I was greeted very warmly by staff when we checked in. Most helpful. We had breakfast the next morning. There was a staff person going around refilling beverages & making conversation. She was most friendly. All staff were very helpful. The rooms were clean. Access to the highway was easy.It was a most pleasant stay. Check it out!

Room Tip: They have two sizes of suites. Pay attention. Ask questions.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
I first off would like to thank you for saying such wonderful things about our hotel. My staff will be so happy after hearing that they had made your stay here wonderful. It’s great as a GM to hear all the wonderful things my staff has been doing though our guests. It confirms what we are trying to achieve is working. Once again, thank you for the great review and we hope to see you and your hubby the next time your in San Diego.

Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 21, 2014

One of the nicest residence Inn's you will find, Comfortable rooms, great manager happy hour, great breakfast, nice pool and hot tub!! Well located to all SD attractions. Personally, other than not being on the beach, I would give this hotel a perfect ten!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
What a fantastic review!! Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write us this great review. It means everything to us to have our guests absolutely enjoy their time here at the hotel. We will be looking forward to your next stay with us the next time you're in San Diego.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We arrived early and were greeted at the front desk by Britanny. She was very warm and welcoming. She went above and beyond to make us feel right at home and ensure we had everything we needed. I knew at that point it would be a great stay. We booked a smaller 2 bedroom w/bunk beds which worked out perfect for our 3 kids. The room was nice, clean as well. My little ones love the kids pool which is only one foot deep. The also had a small game/arcade room for them to play. Breakfast in the morning was good and they also have food in the evening during the week. The customer service at this hotel is exceptional! The staff makes sure your stay is pleasant. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
I can’t wait to bring this review to Brittany at our next meeting. This is going to make her day. I’m so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We really appreciate you writing us this great review. We can’t wait until you and your family visits us again.

Renton, Washington
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Our three nights stay turned out to be OK. The hotel is conveniently located at Hotel Circle and we were able to check in fairly early. The room was decent size, with a small kitchen. The couch in the room was very low and hard to get up off of (I guess that shows my age). Unfortunately we had a family with kids above us and they were constantly running around and there was lots of thumping. We were glad when we had a quiet night on the last day. The walls also seemed fairly thin because those in the neighboring room were up at 5:30 in the morning and we could hear everything they were talking about; luckily that only happened on one morning. There was a lot offered for breakfast, but the room was very crowded and just a tad messy. We ended up taking the food back to our room because it was way too noisy.
We have stayed here before and had a good experience, so although this time around wasn't as restful, we would definitely give them another chance.

Room Tip: I think that rooms on the upper floors will be quieter!
1 Thank Ron H
Thank you very much for writing us a review. I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m sorry for the family above you making so much noise. Next time you stay with us, please ask the front desk if we have any higher rooms available. We will always do our best to accommodate our guests. We will look forward to your visit with us.

Kelseyville, California
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Only stayed for one night but would recommend to anyone. My day ended a little early so I checked in at 12:30. The staff was very cordial for my early check-in. The weight room is a tad small for size of hotel but besides that everything was great. The breakfast was excellent and they never ran out of anything though it was completely packed. Had no noise issues the room was very nice.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank dlrguy
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
We appreciate all the feed back we get from all our guests. Write us long review or just short and sweet. So thank you for the review. I hope the next time your in San Diego you can stay a little bit longer.

Provo, Utah
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We stayed in a smaller 2 bedroom suite. The bunk beds are for kids. They are not for grown ups. But they worked fine for my boys. On the third night, the people below us has the tv on very loud and we could not sleep. they tried everything to remedy the situation. However, the noise could not be stopped. They graciously moved us during the middle of the night and handle the situation very appropriately.
The hotel breakfast was good and ample. The swimming pool was very nice. This is a nice central location that was easy access for our trip. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank You for taking time out of your day to give us a wonderful review. I’m so pleased that my staff was able to accommodate you and your family when you needed them to. We are always are trying to improve as a hotel. So stay with us the next time your in San Diego and see what new changes we have made for you.

St. George, Utah
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed here second the week of March. Loved the room. Saved so much money by eating breakfast anf supper on site. Adult beverage service in evenings was a real plus with samplings from local breweries. The service was great and I. Am especially thankful for the hospitality room manager (Albert I think). He took the time to ask me why we were there and the proceeded to tell us where to eat lunch. As a result we enjoyed the Pizza Port, Hodads, and Stone Brewery. The only downer was the pull out sofa bed. Never been a fan of those things and it was not all that comfortable for my daughter. But the price justified her discomfort and housekeeping brought us some additional bedding to pad the pull out. We would stay here again but it would be nice if they update those pulls outs.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Thomas M
I’m so happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us here at the Residence Inn Mission Valley. Thank you for taking time out of your day, to write us this great review. I will sure to pass this review to Albert. He loves to hear when our guests get to enjoy San Diego. I bet he will have a new list of local places for you to check out the next time your in town.