“Great service, clean, friendly and great location”

Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley
Ranked #131 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Staff was very friendly a specialmthanks to Bryan front desk agent very nice and a willing to make your stay a perfect one. The facility is very nice, nice pool, barbacue area, basketball court, the room was very nice thee equipment and beds where great, I would recommened all the way for a family vacation.

1  Thank Rincon74
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of my hotel, the Residence Inn Mission Valley. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We would love the opportunity to accommodate you again the next time you are in San Diego. I will recognize Bryan for his efforts to ensure you received service memorable enough to share on trip Advisor.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I received such a nice welcome from Rebecca McArthur, their Sales Manager and the whole team. I was impressed with such a friendly team and attentive to details. I'm moving to San Diego and getting her welcome letter and package made me feel so much better about my decision and new life. Great place to stay on vacation or business you will find a little piece of your home here!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Hello and Thank you for such a wonderful review. Rebecca and my sales team dose so much behind the seen and rarely get praised for all there hard work. I know after showing them your review, it will warm there hearts and put such a great smile on there faces. We hope nothing but great thing with your new future and hope you will stop bye and tell us how things are going. Till next time.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

The staff was wonderful! There were 13 of us and we were treated like old family members. My family of five stayed in a double suite. The one room had a bunk bed, which my 10 years old loved! There was plenty of space in this room and a TV! Our room had a king size bed and my 2 and 1/2 year old slept with us. The hotel manager (I believe he was anyway...) was fabulous. He seemed to go out of his way to talk with us and ask us how our trip was going. He even gave my little girl a little stuffed animal! All of the employees were exceptional! The food was fabulous. And the common area was large to accommodate many guests. It cracks me up that people are complaining that it's "crowded". Seriously, it is, but it takes no time at all to get through the line and the food is constantly replenished. They even have people cleaning up constantly, even throwing away your stuff for you without a complaint, just a smile. The social hour was amazing, we managed to get it twice. One night was just sandwiches and salads, which was perfect. They even served ice cream for dessert. The beer and wine are in a separate room, but there is more than 1 choice of each (I think at least 6 or 7 beer choices alone) which surprised me. The other night we had pulled pork sandwiches with salad and strawberry shortcake type dessert. They were also had a DJ! The pool seemed very nice although we didn't have a chance to use. Parking was ample although we had to park in the rear. My only complaint was the location of our room. We couldn't hear outside noise but there was a gate that the cleaning people and other people came in and out of. The first night, that gate slammed no less than 6 or 7 times and it was VERY loud. I think they realized someone was in the room next to it and the remaining nights I think maybe once it slammed. I wouldn't mention it, but it literally made you jump out of bed it was so loud. It was on the first floor corner. Everyone else in our party said they had no noise issues in their room!

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the first floor corner!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about my hotel, the Residence Inn Mission Valley. I am so glad that you and your family had such a wonderful experience with us! I am glad you enjoyed all that breakfast and happy hour had to offer. My wonderful sales team never disappoints on Sales Night, whether they are hosting a Poker Tournament, or bringing in a live DJ. I am eager to share your comments with them, as well as with the rest of my staff. I know they will feel equally as pleased as I that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Six of us stayed at this hotel for 7 days. We reserved two suites right next to each other. They were not only clean but comfy too. The staff were very professional and pleasant to deal with. They served not only a full fledged breakfast everyday but several nights during the week they had a social hour for the guests and served more food. We were always out and about during the social hour so I have no idea what the food was like at that time but our little ones sure did enjoy the breakfast. We only had one complaint....they tested the fire alarms too early in the morning. Some of us wanted to sleep in but at 9 am bells were going off. This is a terrific place to stay when you have little ones - they enjoyed the pool too.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Firstly I would like to extend my appreciation you took he time to review us on Trip Advisor. I recognize that as a parent of young children, even a moment of time is valuable. That being said, I couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your week here at the Residence Inn Mission Valley!
I am so very sorry that the alarms went off so early one morning. Please know that if it could have been avoided, it would have been.
I hope that we get the opportunity to accommodate you and your family in the future.
I thank you again for your comments. I will happily share them with my staff.

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Perfect location to the zoo, sea world and Old Town. Beautiful location, if you don't like to walk, request 155. Full kitchen, ice maker, sofa, kitchen table, 2 Tvs, comfortable bed, large bathroom, separate vaniety area, Huge heated pool, hot tub, free happy hour with beer and wine. Everything was perfect. They are always booked weeks ahead, so book early. There is a reason they are always full.
PS. Free Internet, but they do charge for parking. Room 155, you are park very close to your room. 24 hr snacks, TV dinners, and wine and beer.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank LANA B

Hello, and thank you so much for sharing your enthusiasm about the Residence Inn Mission Valley with everyone here on Trip Advisor! I couldn't be more pleased to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your experience and stay here. The next time you are in San Diego, we hope you look no further than the Residence Inn Mission Valley. Safe travels to you until then.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel is trying but it's older and needs an update.

Lobby:
Accomodating and able to fill it's purpose. Hard to get to from the bulk of the hotel.

Parking:
$13/day fee but the charge seems to be on whether or not your room card is used to access the parking lot (gated entry). Spaces are INCREDIBLY tight, watch for door dings or find a spot next to a curb (or park on a space line). Parking was not good but we at least were always able to be near a hotel door.

Room:
Good size living room, the room was open in the middle with no wall separating the kitchen from sitting area, which gave our family more room to spread out.

We had a two queen room, very narrow room with the beds nearly touching the footboard wall. Mattresses were very poor and sagging, we slept horribly on them. The sofa bed mattress was poor as well.

AC worked well in the room and kept a nice temp.

TV programming was good and HD

Bathroom:
Was really worn but mostly clean. Only problems were the corners of the tub, floor.

Breakfast buffet:
Crowded. Good selection of food, service definitely fell off Sunday morning. Less crowded but still busy at 7:30am, a complete madhouse at 8:45. The hours should be extended, breakfast ends at 9am.

Location:
Amazing. Close to all freeways, Seaworld is just minutes away, the Harbor, Little Italy, Old Town, all are very close and easily accessed.

I'd probably stay here again as the service was good, the price was fair, and the location was great but it really could use updating. It just seemed like an old motel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel, the Residence Inn Mission Valley, here on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that you found the mattresses and sofa bed uncomfortable, but am glad that your overall experience was favorable enough to return. I absolutely appreciate your insight into how we can make your next stay even better.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

After careful consideration, reading many reviews and price shopping I finally chose The Residence Inn, mission Valley for our family to stay at during our SD vacation.

WE have 3 kids traveling with us 4,6 and 14..so we needed the 2 bedroom and the 2 bathroom was a bonus!!
The morning breakfast and m-thurs dinner and happy hour that was included with the price of the room made the high dollar price worth it!
What I did like:
again the 2 bedroom and 2 bath unit..life saver if you have a large family.
The included meals and happy hour. Think that saved at least 100 bucks a day in what we would have spent in food, drinks for the family for 2 meals/drinks.
the location being local to so many different areas.
The pool for the kids, the fact they really have everything here to make your stay comfortable.laundry, gym, free coffee in the lobby etc.

what was not so hot:
parking is 13.00 a day plus the spots are so small.
the room, while great in there are 2 bed rooms and baths and full kitchen..its worn.. things were dirty, furniture was falling apart and rooms and space cramped. The beds are NOT Marriott quality.. hard not cushy or luxurious.
Look this place is PACKED.. things get a lot of use.. I think they do a fairly good job keeping up on the rooms.. could be cleaner but all in all ok

The GM was a visiting GM . He was wonderful, The whole staff there is above and beyond in kindness. The general areas are clean and kept up.
The lines for food are crazy..its a zoo..food is ok.. again such a great deal for a family.

ok, bottom line would I ever stay here without the kids...?? HELL NO!~ It is not a resort.. it is not luxurious but a total win for family vacations.
we will come back if we have the kids!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay with us here at the Residence Inn Mission Valley. I appreciate your thorough evaluation, and am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I am also going to share your insight and complements with my staff. It sounds like you were able to partake in the festivities and take full advantage of the amenities we offer on property. Naturally San Diego welcomes more travelers during summer than any other season, which unfortunately makes standing in line a good possibility anywhere in the city. I thank you again for your time, and your business. We hope to accommodate you and your family again in the future.