Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley
The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$241
$179
$599
Fairmont.com
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$172
  • Restaurant
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$181
  • Pool
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$251
Official Site
$262
$219
  • Restaurant
Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$189
$179
HotelIndigo.com
$149
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$167
$139
  • Restaurant
All reviewshotel circlesea worldmission valleyold towntwo bedroom suitefree beer and winefull kitchenfront desk staffparking feeliving areafamily vacationfashion valleythe breakfast areayogurtshort driveheated poolbalboa park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom room and it was great for our family with 3 kids. Bunk beds for 2 and the pullout sofa for the other. One design flaw, in my opinion, is that there was only 1 bathroom and it is located in the master room. We got woken up multiple times a night due to bathroom use...
One other flaw is that they allow dogs and for whatever reason, it seemed that many were staying at the hotel during our stay. One night we heard a dog barking practically all night. We also got nipped by a couple of dogs when we walked to the pool as they were in the BBQ area with their owners. Just annoying.
Also the hallways had a weird odor, almost like dog pee? But our room was fine, thank goodness.
The breakfast was phenomenal and the kids area to eat was fantastic.
Overall, we liked this hotel and would probably stay again. It was close to Sea World and was really convenient.

• Stayed: October 2012
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share a review on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you and your family were able to spread out and enjoy the space in your two-bedroom suite. The bunk beds are always a fun touch for the young ones. I do want to apologize for the annoyance you felt towards the pets during your stay. We are a pet friendly hotel but in lieu of your review, we are starting to implement a new policy for guests checking in with pets that will ensure they are familiar with the rules and regulations to help prevent any of the instances you have mentioned from happening in the future. I do hope you and your family will be returning to San Diego in the future and my staff and I look forward to being able to accommodate you all when the time comes. Have a wonderful holiday season!

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Had a great stay!! The renovation looks wonderful and the property projects an upbeat yet classy ambiance. The staff is friendly and it's evident they enjoy working where they do. Even the guests are friendly to strangers, adding to the experience. I highly recommend unwinding after a busy day in San Diego by taking a good book and a cup of cocoa to the patio at night (and a blanket!) to read by the fire pit. It's rejuvenating and relaxing at the same time.

I had a wonderful visit! Thanks for the memories.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Zippyelfy
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for writing a review from you recent stay at my hotel on Trip Advisor. My staff here really does take pride in performing excellent customer service and I am glad you have been able to experience that first hand, I am lucky to have the team I do. The fire pit by the barbeques is a wonderful oasis and great place to sit back and unwind from any pressures of the day so I am glad you were able to make it out there and enjoy yourself. On behalf of my staff and me, we look forward to your next trip out to San Diego and hope that we are able to accommodate you once again.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This place was a little harder to find because the sign from the street is small and can easily be missed.
The hotel is further back from the freeway so road noise is minimal. The rooms are newly remodeled and the location is great, only about 5 minutes from Sea World and aproximately 10 from Balboa Park & zoo..

Pros: *Very family friendly (small arcade for kids & the kid at heart, little kids lounge, coin laundry
facility if you happen to need to do laundry.)
*Free breakfast (scrambled eggs, egg beaters, turkey sausage, biscuits & gravy, seasoned
& plain potatoes, French toast, oatmeal, fruit, juices, toast, coffee. All pretty good)
*Free wifi
*Fully equipped kitchen in the rooms - full fridge, microwave, electric range, dishwasher,
pots pans, etc.
*Near mall and within couple of minutes from grocery store (Food 4 Less), Target, & several
places to eat from Kings Fish House, Mimi's Cafe to Chipotle, and lots more.

Cons: *Layout of room made it appear smaller than others of same square footage I've stayed at.
we had 650 sq ft 2 bedroom, king & twin bunk bed. Bunk bed room was fine for our 2 very
young kids. King bedroom seemed very tight. Could barely close door if standing near
edge of bed.)
I'm not a big person, 5'3" about 115lbs & room was small.
*Very noisy in king bedroom if air is on. Whoever designed it made the brilliant choice to
put ac unit on the bedroom wall so you could hear it all night.
*No in hotel restaurant so no room service. (even though we were close to many places to
eat, it would have been helpful to have had room service when we first arrived with 2 very
hungry & somewhat tired kids.

Overall it was a good experience and the rates were good, 149.00 per night which is great for a room that size and the amenities but not too sure if I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for your writing a review of my hotel on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you did enjoy your time here and that you found all the amenities we offer to suit your needs during your stay. We have a great location to many attractions in San Diego, and offer many fun activities for our guest’s children and we even started a new program on the weekend for supervised arts and crafts or movie nights for the kids. On behalf of my staff and me, we look forward to the next time you and your family will be in San Diego and hope that you will look us up. Until then, I wish you a wonderful upcoming holiday season.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Our experience was very good and we may have put excellent except for the constant noise of the laundry just below our room from early morning until late at night. It was a constant loud rumble.

One other thing was a group of men that dominated the hot tub drinking beer and being crude and excluded others of us from getting in and we are not the only ones that felt that way.

Other than these two items we were very please with the staff and our overall stay.

Room Tip: stay away from being close to the laundry room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I first want to apologize for any inconvenience the other guests might have caused you and your family during your stay. If there is anything else I can do, please feel free to contact me at the hotel. With that, I am pleased that my staff was able to meet your expectations and I have passed along your kind words to them. Please do not hesitate to call us for any of your travel needs the next time you are in the San Diego area. Until then, I hope you have a great holiday season.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The rooms were SUPER clean! The FD staff was a bit edgy but they got the job done well so it was good! The breakfast is out of this world! Incredible offerings. The rooms are very nice and the beds very comfortable, very clean and fresh smelling and smoke free!!!. They have a pool and jacuzzi, the fitness center is kind of pointless, just Cardio machines and not very many, but thats fine. Parking is a bit rough, my key card would not opoen the gate on the second night, I had de-activated it some how, it happens! The hotel is set up on a hill a bit, and you can drive by it as its one of the only hotels in the area that does not have a sky high sign. This a perferct hotel for a longer term stay.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the backside overlooking the hill, its quieter and not facing interstate 8.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience at my hotel on Trip Advisor. We offer a variety of complimentary amenities for our guests to enjoy and take part of during their stay, breakfast, dinner, hospitality happy hour, wifi, and much more, and I am glad to hear that you found them all to be accommodating for the duration of your stay. One of the things here at the Residence Inn we do provide is the perfect home away from home, which is the perfect hotel for any long term, and short term, guests. Looking forward to your next visit to San Diego..