Lowest prices for your stay
Residence Inn
$206
$206
Etrip
$197
Booking.com$206
Hotels.com$206
Priceline$206
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

I am a frequent business traveler and I was incredibly disappointed with this property. This property needs to be updated ASAP to make their amenities/rooms match the rates they charge. The carpets are old and dirty, the showers have gross plastic liners, the sinks and toilets don’t flush/drain well and my bed was so hard I was actually sore the next day. The flat screens are tiny compared to other places I have stayed. There are competing brands in the area that are newer, nicer, and more affordable. The food was just ok. Despite my less than great review, I will say the staff was very nice and extremely accommodating. Unfortunately, I can’t say I would actually stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, please except my sincere apology for not meeting your expectations. I would like to inform you that we are currently working on a renovation and addressing these issues. We appreciate feedback whether positive or negative as it can only build our guest service and strengthen our team, and provide the exceptional customer service we strive for, I apologize once again for falling short of this during your stay. I hope in the near future if you decide to stay with us again we can overturn these unfortunate events and provide the service you as our guest deserve!

Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

Very friendly staff!

The hotel was very quiet.

The Associates' white door near the front desk is in desperate need of cleaning and/or painting. Nearly all guests go by this door on their way to their rooms.

At breakfast, the sausage was really dry/overcooked. Everything else was fine.

We'll be back.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Oscar E, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Dear Lepha,

Thank you for the compliments as well as areas of improvements. We have begun to make those correction and pass along the information to designated departments, thank you again for reviewing your stay and we hope to serve you in the near future!!

Reviewed September 19, 2017

This hotel is kind of old and out of date. The person worked at front desk was not friendly. The room was kind of small for a suite. I'm a frequent traveler and have platinum elite status with Marriott so I used points for this stay. I guess that this was the reason that I got a room far away from elevator and closed to noisy street. Looks like this hotel was not welcome frequent traveler like me. Very sad.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank vluusa
Management response:Responded September 20, 2017

Dear Vlussa,

Thank you for taking the time for reviewing your stay, I apologize for not executing exceptional customer service you deserve as a Platinum Elite Marriott Rewards Member. We strive to up hold Marriott values and have fallen short of this, I have address this with all front desk staff in other to better ourselves, and meet all expectations of guest. On behalf of Scripps, Poway team please accept our sincere apologies. We hope to over turn your opinion if your travels ever bring you back to Scripps, Poway.

Reviewed July 23, 2017

We stayed at the Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/ Scripps Poway because it was conveniently located between the San Diego Zoo and The San Diego Safari Park. It gives easy access to I15 and is about 15 miles and 20 minutes from each attraction.

Once we reached the Inn we were impressed by the location near to a small strip mall with a gas station, Chili's restaurant, a Wendy's and Yanni's ( a very nice local restaurant with excellent food). Therefore there was no need to drive in order to get dinner after a long day site seeing. There is also a small pool and spa area in which to relax. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and gave us suggestions about the best time to leave for various places and drive times. Their advice was spot on.

The rooms were large with full refrigerator and stove as well as microwave. The beds were comfortable and the housekeeping staff kept things clean and well stocked with towels and toiletries. The hotel provides a full breakfast between 6 and 9 AM and the food was very good. Scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, and waffles. As well as cereal, pastries, yogurt, and fruit. The staff kept everything clean and well stocked.

Finally the Residence Inn offers appetizer/cocktail time after 6 PM. This offering was changed daily offering a variety of things from standard appetizers to Brats and beer, and food truck offerings.

Taking everything into consideration The Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo is an excellent place to stay.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to review your visit! We appreciate all the feedback that you've given, and I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to see you soon, and hope our property will keep you coming back time and time again!

Warm Regards,

Kelly Herrington

Reviewed July 23, 2017

This hotel lives up to its name, "Residence Inn." When I stay here on business I feel as much at home as I have ever felt at any business hotel. The staff are especially sensitive to each guest's own needs. For example, Cindi oversees the no-charge "happy hour" events on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings; she excels in introducing hotel guests to each other to ensure no one has to feel alone. I make my reservations early to ensure that I can always get a room here.

Room tip: all floors are good; but when on business, I prefer the fourth floor as it tends to have fewer families and children.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to review your visit! I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Warm Regards,