Lowest prices for your stay
Residence Inn
$206
$206
Etrip
$197
Booking.com$206
Hotels.com$206
Priceline$206
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 3, 2017

Helpful and friendly staff, good size clean room and bathroom, well located, close to the freeway, but quiet. Very good breakfast under the direction of Maria, efficient, friendly and helpful. Check in and check out fast and efficient.

Room tip: No tips to offer. All rooms are similar.
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2017

Thank you for your great review! We work very hard to maintain a culture of service and friendliness and we're delighted that we were able to demonstrate that during your stay with us. I'm very pleased to hear that the staff went above and beyond your expectations.

Best Regards,

Reviewed November 2, 2016 via mobile

As a frequent business traveler, I am comforted by the Marriott family line, products, and services. So knowing my personal residence was going to have some minor construction work that would take approximately two weeks I decided to stay at a Residence Inn by Marriott.
It has a lovely kitchenette, dining and living room seating area with a separate bedroom.

My Highlights: The Staff, and their daily attempts to create a very social, and warm environment for the guest, by offering free appetizers , hot hors d'oeuvres in a very chill environment. Each day is a different theme, which includes, selected wine or beer.

What a GREAT ALTERNATIVE for the solo or team business travelers, to chill and recap your day.

☆SALUTE

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2016

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 31, 2016 via mobile

The staff really goes out of there way to make you feel at home. Cindy does a great job in food preparation in the evening. Ruth makes sure your day starts out right with breakfast.

Front desk team is top notch and very customer friendly. Thanks to Michelle, Kyle, Pauline, Alexis, Nori, Tiffany!

Rooms are clean, beds comfortable, and A/C is cold. Fine job to all the the housekeeping & maintenance team.

My home-tel of choice when in SD!!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank prm6x

Thank you for taking the time to share a review on your recent stay at the Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway. I appreciate you sharing your positive experiences with us. We hope you come back and visit soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 28, 2016

The staff at this hotel is fntastic. Cindy puts on such a good spread on monday through wednesday, it just makes you want to stay all night. She Knows how to make a guest welcome. The desk people are great also, Kyle, Michelle and the others are so very helpful, they make you feel important. The breakfast staff and the maid service was also great,. If I ever have an opportunity to come back to San Diego, you can be assured that I will stay at this residence inn. Just meeting Cindy, is enough to warrant that.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2016

Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 8, 2016

We stayed here with our two teenagers for three nights over the Labor Day weekend. Check-in was fast & easy and we were glad to get a room higher up, away from the noise. The hotel was packed, so there was no shortage of noise coming from the hallways, pool and common areas. Access from the freeway was easy and it was nice that there is a gas station/convenience store across the parking lot.
The room was nice enough, a little tired but overall it was nice. I really don’t have any complaints regarding the room or our stay. We weren’t at the hotel much; it was more of a home base while we toured San Diego. The reason for my review is because of how terrible the breakfast was two out of the three days we were there. I understand it was a holiday weekend, but what a disaster breakfast was! The full breakfast was a major key in choosing a hotel for our family to stay.
First of all, they have the breakfast area jammed into a small corner of the hotel lobby. It’s galley style which really prohibits flow of multiple people in there at any given time. The line for the waffle maker was so long (13 people deep, the one time I bothered to count) that it completely blocked the rest of the food, so even if you didn’t want a waffle you had to stand in line just to get up to the hot food (people were very unwilling to step aside for you to get some eggs, probably because they’d invested so much time in line). Half the food was gone and not replenished, the juice machine ran out of juice, and once you did manage to get a little food there was absolutely no place to sit and eat it because they only have a few tables and chairs. Seriously, this was the worst hotel breakfast I’ve ever seen, and we’ve stayed dozens of places that offer breakfast. I do feel compelled to say that the woman who was running breakfast was working really hard and did seem to be doing everything in her power to keep up-this is not her fault, she’s only 1 woman! Overall the stay was nice but they need to reinvent their breakfast area. I didn’t appreciate feeling aggrevated each morning because the breakfast, which I had paid for in my room rate, was such a fiasco. Be mindful of this if you’re staying during a holiday weekend/time or with small children. It will not be quick or easy and you probably won’t get to sit down to eat unless you take your food back to your room.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank rubygoldenwings
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2016

Thank for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway. I want to apologize that the hotel was not up to par. I will follow through by sharing your comments with the appropriate departments to help improve our service levels in the affected areas for you and future guests. We hope to see you in the near future so that we may provide you with the excellent service you are accustomed to from Marriott.