Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway
Fairmont.com
$255
$223
  • Pool
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$289
$260
  • Restaurant
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$157
$126
$214
$151
  • Breakfast included
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$207
$178
  • Beachfront
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$323
ParadisePoint.com
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$419
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewshome away from hometwo bedroom suiteyogurtrooms are cleanminute drivebusiness travelerbusiness tripeasy accesseach morninghousekeeping stafffreewaykylepowaifireplaceinnskitchenettedowntown
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I've been coming to this hotel since it opened. While some of the staff has changed the feeling has remained. They do everything they can to make me feel at home. The internet access is a bit slow but they are working on that. The friendly staff, clean well equipped rooms, great breakfast and evening social, and even a grill guest can use it is like being at home except they clean my room for me!

Room Tip: All rooms have a refrigerator/freezer, full sixed microwave and a cook top stove, only a few have an oven so ask at the desk if you plan to do some baking in your room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor, we truly do appreciate it. Our team is committed to providing service so memorable, and we're glad it showed. We are happy to hear you have continued to stay with us over the years and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We chose this hotel for a 3-day visit to San Diego, as a family of four with 2 grown-up (18+) sons.

The studio suite was spacious - we could comfortably seat 6 in there in the evening. The boys chose not to share a double bed so one of them used the sofa-bed, which was fine. Good sized kitchen with a huge fridge.

Excellent buffet breakfast, but it can get crowded at around 9 am. Big screen TV in the breakfast/lounge area, which was a great place to watch Andy Murray win at Wimbledon!

Parking is free and convenient. Alongside there is a gas station with groceries, and a couple of restaurant/fast-food outlets.

Easy access to the freeway, and about 30 minutes to downtown San Diego (if you avoid peak traffic times).

Room Tip: Suite is good for families, and you can easily self-cater
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review! Our team is committed to making our guests' stay both enjoyable and comfortable. We value your feedback, and are grateful for the recognition you placed on our breakfast and quality accommodations. We hope you'll come back and visit soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Very convenient location ("20 mins from everywhere"); genuinely friendly and helpful staff; generously sided, clean rooms; good free breakfast; nice (although quite small) pool, with plenty of towels - hight recommended. Would stay here again for sure. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We were simply delighted to read the wonderful review you shared on TripAdvisor. Our team is committed to providing service so memorable, and we're glad it showed. Thank you for the kind words. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My family of 4 stayed at his hotel back in April 2013 during spring break. As a frequent traveler, I've stayed at many Marriott hotels, some very upscale, and I must remark that this Residence Inn is absolutely incredible. All of the staff that I encountered was very helpful, cheerful, and kind (this included everyone at the front desk, the housekeeping staff, the groundskeeper, and the gal who worked in the kitchen/food areas in the mornings and evenings). They actually took the time to make eye contact and provided a greeting, either a simple "Hello", or "Is there anything I can assist you with?", or "I hope you're having a great day". On my last day at this hotel and as I was loading my luggage stacked onto the hotel's luggage cart into my car, the groundskeeper who was doing some simple yard work around the hotel actually made it a point to stop what he was doing and actually help me load my car and then returned the hotel's luggage cart back to the hotel lobby. Who does that?! That's a perfect example of EXCELLENT customer service and friendliness!

My 2-bedroom suite was incredibly convenient and quiet, even as it overlooked the pool area during spring break. As a family of 4, I really appreciated the complimentary upgrade to a 2-bedroom suite to allow us more space and comfort, especially after a very busy day of activities throughout beautiful San Diego. I know the complimentary upgrade comes as part of the benefit of being a Marriott Gold member, and as a frequent traveler, it's always nice to feel appreciated by a big company like Marriott.

As someone who has traveled a lot and stayed at a variety of regular and upscale Marriott properties (Fairfield Inn, Springhill Suites, JW Marriott, Gaylord properties, Courtyard Marriott, and regular Marriott hotels) I was very amazed at how serious this hotel valued customer service. Many other hotel chains and properties could really learn from this specific Residence Inn's example.

I don't always take the time to provide online feedback, but everyone at this Residence Inn impressed me so much that I felt compelled to share my experience, even 4 months after my stay. Thank you to all the wonderful and well trained staff at this Residence Inn. You made it tough for other hotels to live up to the standard for excellence in customer service that you have set. I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

If you want to have access to various Southern California atttactions this location puts you within easy car driving distance.
Beaches, downtown San Diego, wine country, numerous parks for hiking, athletic events, kids amusement parks, shopping, restaurants can be reached within 40 minutes any direction.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of on Trip Advisor. It is nice to hear that you found the property and the location to meet your all needs during your stay here in San Diego. We look forward to your next trip back.