“A delightful stay with my family!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway

Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway
Ranked #76 of 281 Hotels in San Diego
momto2boys07
“A delightful stay with my family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My family and I stayed 3 nights at Residence Inn and Suites. This was the first time we have stayed at a Residence Inn and were pleasantly surprised.
Upon check-in, there was a mix-up in our reservation but the girl at the front desk was quick to fix it and even gave us an upgrade, which we greatly appreciated.
The desk staff was always very friendly and helpful and really made our stay more enjoyable. The rooms were well appointed and comfortable. It was quiet and very relaxing, even while traveling with kids. :)
The breakfast was wonderful and above continental breakfasts I have had at other hotels. The breakfast staff was extremely friendly.
The pool was nice and well maintained and always had fresh towels.
I highly recommend this hotel and thank the staff for an enjoyable stay!

2 Thank momto2boys07
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing a review of the hotel on Trip Advisor. I have passed along your wonderful feedback to my staff and they were happy to hear that their hard work was recognized and that they were able to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Hope you stay with us again soon!

Kelly Herrington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My family only stay at Marriott hotels exclusively at residence inn's. I can say this one has exceptionally great staff! Cindy, Marie, Alexis, Trent and Derek all went out of there way to make sure my request were met. My son and I stayed for 6 nights and loved the hospitality and the hotel itself was kept up and very responsive to anything small problems it may have had. A hotel snob for sure and would rate this a 9 Only because we had Horribly rude and drunk wedding party our 5th night that kept us up. and as other hotels can not confirm our request but can try to accommodate them upon arrival. I requested a room on the 4th flr, found one one on the second flr thats seemed more quiet until some elephants moved in above me. liked my room on the Other than that and know staying in a hotel will not be perfect. I give this hotel my highest recommendation. If you are picky like me, stick to the 4th flr. But the staff here make it worth the trip and the Small issues. I will definitely be back! Clean, updated, friendly and accommodating best describe this property! The location turned out great as it is in a great area and groceries, gas and food are within the parking lot or an easy 1/2mile up. 15-20 min to any main attraction! Easy jot to the freeway. This was a great place all around!

• 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank JP31
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
We were simply delighted to read the wonderful review you shared on TripAdvisor. Our team is committed to providing service so memorable, and we're glad it showed. Thank you for the kind words. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Kansas City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My family and I spent 6 days in San Diego with family attending a wedding. What a fantastic experience we had. Our accomodations were wonderful. ALL of the staff were knowledgable, friendly, helpful, courteous and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. Two persons I would like to recognize, Cynthia (front desk) and Maria (dining area) were outstanding, so kind, and truly made us feel welcome.
When we visit San Diego again, hands down, we will be staying here. Thank you Derek and team. You guys were incrediblel!!

1 Thank Tony C
Thank you for the GREAT review! We value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to evaluate your stay. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff took good care of you. We hope you come back and visit soon.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

my family and I had to stay at the Residence Inn on Scripps Ranch for 1 month because of a flood in our house. The staff was the most friendly I have ever had to deal with. Service was the best ever. We had breakfast every morning and it was great. Always had enough food and it was very good. 24/7 coffee bar, was the best. Just overall friendly staff and was always clean. Would recommend this Residence Inn to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Debbie W
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
We were simply delighted to read the wonderful review you shared on TripAdvisor. Our team is committed to providing service so memorable, and we're glad it showed. Thank you for the kind words. Thanks for staying with us.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had room 415: a huge two room suite. So quiet and clean! They offer a free dinner WITH WINE every Monday through Thursday night! The breakfast was plentiful with a large variety of foods, and different foods each morning. The staff were all so friendly and helpful. As our kids get older, we find that all of us in one room as we travel just doesn't work, so we will definitely be more than willing to pay the extra amount on future trips to stay in a clean, roomy Residence Inn!

This hotel is located about 20 minutes from the San Diego Zoo and 40 minutes from Legoland, just FYI.

2 Thank Goophygirl
Derek E, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
ColoradoCleanfreak,

Thank you for the great comments and review! It's nice to get recognition from a guest as well traveled as yourself. With kids of my own I can definately relate when considering room sizes during travel. We are glad that you and your family chose to stay with us and hope you can visit us again soon!

Warm Wishes,

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The staff went out of their way to help! We had some special dietary needs at the terrific breakfast and they were very quick to accommodate us. The hotel was immaculate. Every time we passed an employee we were asked if we needed help. We will definitely return!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ellen D
Derek E, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
EllenD,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to share it with others. We make special notes of the ingredients in the food we serve due to the increase in dietary restrictions including food allergies, religious reasons, personal preferences, etc. I certainly hope you and your family are able to come stay with us again soon!

Thank you again.

Best Wishes,

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

While visiting his Children in San Diego my husband became ill. I was staying with friends at Crown Point and decided we needed to be together. I called the Residence Inn and booked a room. When I checked in I explained my husband was ill and could I have a handicapped accesible room. Every one on staff there was extremely helpful. The room was perfect with a step in shower which was needed. The breakfast and dinner meals were plentiful and delicious. One of your staff, Cindy S. assisted me in preparing trays for my husband. All were responsive to my special needs for my husband. Thank you, Thank you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Derek E, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
GinaTampa,

Thank you for submitting your review on Trip Advisor. We certainly hope your husband is doing better and our best wishes and thoughts go out to you both. We have a variety of guests stay for a variety of different reasons so it is good to hear that we were able to help you during a unique and unexpected situation. Thank you for acknowledging Cindy, we have already shown her your review and we are all proud of her. Please give your husband all our best from our entire staff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Diego
SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway
Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area
Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley
Staybridge Suites San Diego - Sorrento Mesa
Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch
La Quinta Inn San Diego - Miramar

Been to Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway? Share your experiences!