“You pay what you get for”

Super 8 San Diego Hotel Circle
Ranked #192 of 279 Hotels in San Diego

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I picked this hotel at random. I am from San Diego and have stayed at many hotels. And yes, while the rooms are small; they are very clean, have a decent amount of tv channels, and water pressure in the showers to die for. They have a small workout room, and the fact they offer any free food for the price they charge is amazing. But the real plus on my stay was the staff. I was not not feeling well and called to the front desk for water. Not only did they find someone to help me, they even brought me some free snacks to settle my stomach. They even called later to see how I was feeling. So a big thanks to Mike and Nancy at the front desk. An even bigger thanks to their new employee , Richard. He was my delivery person and really cared. I tried to tip him and he just would not allow it. I believe he worked in maintenance. It was obvious he would do anything to help out a guest. Seriously, the world would be a better place with more people this.
Kim Schultz

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
David W, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 San Diego Hotel Circle, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Hello 501Travel,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear everything was to your satisfaction. I will be sure to pass along your review to the managers of the various departments of the hotels. We value guest reviews such as yours as a means for us to better improve ourselves for you and future guests. If you have anything you would like to add please feel free to contact me.

David.
San Diego
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My only issue with the hotel is that the rooms are quite small, and it would be nice to provide an ironing board and an iron for business guests.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

David W, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 San Diego Hotel Circle, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Hello F M,

Thank you for taking the time for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to fully fulfill your requests during your stay. I have passed along your comments to management and asked that they look into a resolution for the future. If there is anything I can do to further assist you please let me know.

David

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

San Diego
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The Continental Breakfast was sort of like "feeding time at the zoo", the other guests were like animals. I doubt the staff could have done anything about it but it was not a pleasant dining experience.
The room was very good value for the price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

David W, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 San Diego Hotel Circle, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Hello Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the room and price during your stay. Feedback and comments are how we strive to improve our guest experiences. If there is anything else about your stay you would like to share with me please let me know.

David