“Don't Book Here!”

Super 8 San Diego Hotel Circle
Ranked #209 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed April 7, 2012

While the location is great-the service (although the General Manager was extremely kind and willing to stand by their mission statement), the rooms (very old-needs upgrading) and cleanliness is not a top priority. Surprised as well as disapointed that this was on AAA's list. Try the Best Western next door-looked extremely new and clean! :)

Room Tip: Just pray you get what is told to you! :)
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 7, 2012

It is the smallest hotel room we have ever seen (12x12) and stuffing it with table and chairs so you cant walk around specifically to the bathroom in middle of night, doesn't make it feel any bigger! Faulty wiring (electrical outlet plug and spliced/taped cord to loud mini fridge; hope it doesn't catch on fire while sleeping! Mildewed smelly drapes, no place to put your luggage and a cheap outdated Magnabox T.V. from the 90s.
Complementary breakfast including imitation eggs, make your own waffles, which was interrupted by power overload. The police were a few doors down on a fighting/disturbance call...which is not the hotels fault but not such a good thing...It was overpriced for the value; $39 is what it should be.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2012

This motel has changed hands since I visited, and the management may have made some much-needed upgrades, but this review is going to be based on a few things that the new owners couldn't do much about. The top-floor room in which I stayed was abnormally small, even for an inexpensive motel, and the trek to the nearest elevator (obviously an external add-on after the hotel was built) quite inconvenient. Access to the rooms is via outside "corridors", and all in all the design of the place just makes it cumbersome to navigate the facility. The price was certainly right (and still is, as a glance at the current rates indicates, though I'd consider even the low rate to be only average for value received). Also, it was adequate as a place just to sleep. If price is the biggest consideration and you just want a place to hang your hat while visiting Sea World or Balboa Park, then you may want to consider this place, but I won't return.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2012

This MOTEL is just fine if you will be exploring San Diego....basically, fine for resting your head and enjoying a decent continental breakfast....they actually had waffles when we were there :)
Was clean and not a loud place. But NO POOl / GACUZZI

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I knew I would be arriving late at night and leaving early in the morning and was used to staying at choice brand hotels. I knew the room was small after seeing online pics. The fridge was moldy and did not speak, when I called the front desk I was told NO maintenance until the am. I asked if I could be moved to another room, I was told NO and not all rooms have fridges. Needless to say my leftovers spoiled! Then I asked if there was an iron/ironing board available - YES but come get it. The table was pushed in a corner. There was awkward dead space in the room.The good- the bed/bedding was decent, the bathroom looked remodeled. There was a good breakfast - sausage, eggs, pastries, coffee, hot/cold cereal. parking was free.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 8, 2012

The check in clerk was new and really could have used some help. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast wasn't bad at all for a freebie. The location was convient. The room was comfortable and pretty quiet especially since part of my stay was over the weekend. Plus a small but descent gym, free parking, free wi fi. I was thrilled over all with what I got for the LOW price I found on line.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank azkellyk
Reviewed February 20, 2012

About 15 years ago I stayed here with my son. For years I've said it's the worst Super 8 I've ever stayed in. Well, I saw a new Quality Inn at a good location and gave it a shot. Well, the name may have changed, but the upgrades did not. The Choice website says each room has a clock and a coffee maker. It had neither. When I saw the property, I knew the rooms were small. What surprised me was that it was allowed to be a Quality Inn. The bed was not comfortable. The room was not thoroughly cleaned. The staff was rude and seemed put out when I mentioned the clock and the other items. It is one of the two or three worst branded hotels I ever visited.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff H
kghotels, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 San Diego Hotel Circle, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

We apologize for any inconvenience you endured during your stay. As you mentioned this used to be a Super 8, and now changed to a new brand which is Quality Inn by Choice Internationals. We have completely changed management and have a new team on board in which we are training at the moment so that we can better assist our future guests.

As far as coffee makers, and alarm clocks, we are currently still working in adding all these ammenties to our rooms.

I hope you can give us another opportunity to make your stay more enjoyable.