“On the Harbor”

Comfort Inn San Diego At The Harbor
Ranked #177 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Two night stay after cross country ride. Hotel is clean and well appointed. Staff friendly during check in and breakfast girl was very attended to our needs. Across the street from America's Cup Harbor and over night fishing trip marina. Hotel is clean but is dated as it probably was a vacation weekly rental type motel before. No tub but shower only, which was fine and probably the first hotel were I had a window that opened for the bathroom. Also suite room had an extra room for ?children? with a sofa bed but no TV, (I am sure that the hotel staff would get a TV into that room as there is a cable hookup in that small room. We arrived 5:30 pm (Sept.19th) after making reservations with Choice Hotel Rewards Program, everything fine with check in.. 6:30am breakfast start was fine and food was plenty and fine for the price (free). Overall I would recommend this hotel. The outdoor pool looked clean but I didn't get the opportunity to use it. The 2nd story large balcony overlooking the Harbor was great and comfortable All good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sofpaint
SonnySanDiego, Manager at Comfort Inn San Diego At The Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Thank you for commenting on your stay at Comfort Inn At The Harbor. I am happy that you enjoyed your accommodations. The morning breakfast is a very good start to the day. I am glad you were able to relax on the sundeck, especially after a busy day of sightseeing. I hope you were able to visit some of the local restaurants at the Sports Fishing Harbor, many of them have the fresh catch of the day on their menu. The staff and I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The buildings have been around for awhile but the rooms have been updated and are very clean. The bed was quite comfortable. The staff was very friendly. It is a good value right across from the marinas on Point Loma. The Internet had some of the better speeds I have seen at a hotel; I had no trouble streaming a movie.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for commenting on your stay at Comfort Inn At The Harbor. The staff and I are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. It is good to hear that you did not have any problems using the wireless internet from your room. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in this area.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I recently spent two nights at this hotel. The room was better than i expected for the price. It was clean and comfortable. There was only a shower, the enter door was small, but that was fine. Plenty of hot water. I ran the A/C constantly on low which muffles most of the road noise. The breakfast included eggs and sausage which was a perfect start to the day. The location is good, located near the bicycle path. The only real compliant I have was the sound of doors slamming both nights 11PM, 1AM,4AM being woke in the middle of sleep. The door to my room was in a small outside corridor which led to four rooms. I don't know what was going on in the other 3 rooms, but if I was to stay here again it wouldn't be in a room off of one of these corridors.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
SonnySanDiego, Manager at Comfort Inn San Diego At The Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thanks for commenting on your recent stay at Comfort Inn At The Harbor. Please accept my apologies for the noise from the near by rooms. I am sorry that this kept you awake. I am happy that you enjoyed the morning breakfast and the Point Loma area. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Our room is non-smoking but somehow it smells like somebody smoke in there before. The room is very small. There is no bathtub, just shower. Location is pretty good. There is a ralphs just two blocks away. Breakfast is better than many continental breakfast at motels.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank analymous
SonnySanDiego, Manager at Comfort Inn San Diego At The Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thanks for the valuable feedback. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience of the room size. I am happy that you enjoyed the hot breakfast. It is a great start to any day. I hope you do consider staying with us again on your next trip to San Diego.
Thanks, A J

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stood here after 4th of July to be close to H&M Landing for some sport fishing...location was perfect we didn't have go fight for parking at the tight lot and just left the car at the hotel and walked the three minutes or so it took. Location is near alot of good restaurants and has free continental breakfast with eggs, sausage, cereal, hard boiled eggs, waffles, etc. Good price for a good stay. Try the fish place next to H&M -- they have great fish n chips. Staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. Mini frige but no microwave. Bathroom is a little small but it was clean and did the trick. Will stay there again if needed. WARNING: Parking is VERY VERY tight so go in a smaller vehicle if possible. NO RV parking at all.

Room Tip: no elevators so if need be ask for a bottom floor room. Parking is tight that is the only down side
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cat310ocean

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at Comfort Inn At The Harbor. The staff and I are happy you enjoyed your stay. I hope your fishing trip was a success. I agree, Mitch's Seafood has the best fish and chips. On your next trip to Point Loma, you should also try Point Loma Seafood. We look forward to your next visit to the area.
Thanks, A J

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We would recommend the comfort inn on north Harbor drive. Really good value given its location. Can get to sea world in about 15 mins by car, with mission and ocean beaches a bit further. Downtown is probably the same distance in the opposite direction. The are a few places to eat in walking distance as well. Airport also close prob about ten min drive away. Hotel was clean and breakfasts have a good selection. Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Andy12327
SonnySanDiego, Manager at Comfort Inn San Diego At The Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you Andy12327 for commenting on your recent stay with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We are centrally located to many of San Diego's attractions, minutes away from downtown San Diego, the San Diego Zoo, Seaworld and Old Town. On your next visit to San Diego, we hope that you will stay with us again and see the wonders of the Point Loma neighborhood.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Unfortunately my husband and I booked this hotel for a week as we were in the process of moving from California to Virginia due to military orders. From the very beginning the staff were cold and unapproachable. After waking up in sweat the first night, we called the front desk to let them know the air condition unit did not seem to be working. After being instructed to turn off the unit and slowly work our way to a higher setting, we were not happy. Two nights later and still dealing with the same problem, I finally spoke with the front desk employee at 1am that this was ridiculous!!! After telling us there was nothing to do for the night until maintenance returned Tuesday morning, we were offered a fan from the office. As the fan was brought into our room, the employee made rude unnecessary comments stating our room was not hot and especially not as hot as his office, but unlike us, he would just open a window. Tuesday afternoon the air condition unit was finally assessed and decided by the maintenance man to be BROKEN!!! After getting that situated, we thought the worst was behind us. Wednesday morning, my husband and I also burnt ourselves while taking showers! The water would change from warm to SCOLDING HOT throughout random periods of the shower!!! After complaining yet again, the maintenance man came and jimmy rigged the shower to where we could have warm water but were unable to regulate any water temperature! Thursday morning, I was again unable to take a shower as we had no warm water what so ever!!! Obviously pissed by this point I called the front desk complaining for the 5th time in a row!!!! I also fought for some sort of compensation believing that $100+ a night is ridiculous as we were unable to sleep comfortable or take a decent shower! The manager, with a full attitude and zero professionalism, refused to do anything to make this right! Apparently they offered us a room in which I do not recall! Needless to say, my husband and I were very disappointed and unhappy with this hotel and can not imagine how it's able to function or stay afloat!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank P H
SonnySanDiego, Manager at Comfort Inn San Diego At The Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

The main goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guest at reasonable prices. We provided the best service possible by replacing the A/C with a new one, adjusting the water temperature, and offering to change rooms several times. Every problem was corrected in spite of the unnecessary profanity our staff had to endure. We offered a complimentary night for a future stay that was declined. I do hope that on your next trip to San Diego, you will consider accepting our offer to stay with us again.
A J