“Wouldn't pick it again if I knew what I know now.”

Comfort Inn San Diego At The Harbor
Ranked #178 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Edina, MN
“Wouldn't pick it again if I knew what I know now.”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Recently stayed here for a week. Ok location for your vacation in San Diego if you want to go to a lot of places and not just sit in your hotel. This hotel is on a very busy corner, so very noisy! Rooms are SMALL, bathroom is tiny. Furniture layout was horrible, the fridge was on top of the only counter with a large mirror, taking up all the space. No room to put things, except for stacking things on a desk chair that is completely unneccesary in the room. The showerhead spray was like a trickle, needed to be replaced. Housekeeping did not stock certain basics - coffee/cups, etc after the first couple of days, had to go to the office to get these. They also charged my visa card when I got there for the amount I had already PAID for the hotel through Travelocity. I had to call and have that issue resolved. Forget about sleeping at night in a darkened room....the light streamed through the door seam from top to bottom, the bathroom window, and the curtain panels. Air conditioning wall unit was sufficient, ran it only at night, was very stuffy without being able to open up windows.

I think there are plenty of other nicer hotels in the area if you're planning a week stay. Ok for a night or two. It was sufficient for our needs, but didn't quite measure up.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SonnySanDiego, Manager at Comfort Inn San Diego At The Harbor, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us in Point Loma. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience. I am aware that our cross street, Rosecrans, can be very busy during the week day but the traffic is at a minimal in the evenings and throughout the night. The housekeeping supervisor has been informed of the amenities that were not replenished in the room. We do our best to prevent problems from recurring so I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This hotel is right on a busy corner, difficult to get in and out of. The check-in was easy and the lady at the desk was very helpful. I had a room on the second floor, which felt more secure than the first floor. The room was very plain, but clean. I immediately turned on the air/fan as the room was stuffy, and it was really noisy. I almost called the desk to request a room change, but it improved with time.
I walked around looking for some dinner, not a lot of options. The room next door was having lots of company, it was noisy through the wall. I turned on the fan again, and that created enough white noise to make the noise less noticeable.
The bed was comfortable, I slept well. In the morning, the breakfast was fine for a quick grab. I would have preferred to take food back to my room, but that's not allowed according to the signs. So I sat by myself and ate, which was weird but ok.
I checked out, and moved on to my interview. I wouldn't consider this hotel for a vacation, but it was acceptable for an overnight stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
SonnySanDiego, Manager at Comfort Inn San Diego At The Harbor, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for commenting on your stay at Comfort Inn At The Harbor. Please accept my sincere apology for the noise. The staff and I are happy that the accommodations met your needs and that you were able to get a good nights sleep before your interview. The hotel is located in the Point Loma neighborhood and is minutes away from many of San Diego's attractions, SeaWorld, the San Diego Zoo, Old Town and Balboa Park. There is a great Seafood/Steak restaurant within walkning distance that is open for dinner. I hope that on your next trip to San Diego, you will consider staying with us.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My wife and I just finished a week long trip to San Diego, where we stayed in 4 different locations.

Our final stay was here, and we were very pleased with the experience. The location was a couple of blocks from our family, and super close to the airport - but not in the flight path! It was VERY quiet, as the hotel doesn't face the street. The staff was friendly and willing to help with anything we asked. We'd like to call out Rosalinda, who was charming and helpful.

The breakfast was simple but fresh and tasty! And the price was very affordable.

We'd certainly stay again.

Room Tip: No kids activities nor fitness center. Everything else was tip-top.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
SonnySanDiego, Manager at Comfort Inn San Diego At The Harbor, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
We are pleased you commented on your recent stay at Comfort Inn At The Harbor. The staff and I are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Rosalinda says thanks for the kind words. I agree with you, we are in a great location. We are accross the street from the Sports fishing docks and only minutes away from many of San Diego's main attractions. There are some great restaurants within walking distance and the airport is less than 10 minutes away. We are looking forward to your next stay with us in beautiful Point Loma.
oxnard
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is a recently remodeled motel. It is small, but very clean. Has high speed internet (free). flat screen t.v., coffee maker, in room safe, small refrigerator, New beds. It is no smaller than the high end hotels we have stayed at in San Diego and less than half the price. It is across the street from the marina harbor on the west end. Very close to everything. Oh yes free parking. unlike to 19.00 a night the hotels in hotel circle charges. I will stay here on all my visits to this area. Yes the staff is great and want to be there for you, and were there for me with a smile. This is a small room because it has a table and chairs. With a work desk and big office chair. with all the things this room has it is hard to move around if there are more than two people in the room. The bath is small but has a big walk in shower.

Room Tip: A/c is old and can be noisy.
Green Features: They provide a recycle wast can in the room. and additional waste cans. this is a nice touch.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
SonnySanDiego, Manager at Comfort Inn San Diego At The Harbor, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thanks Steve and Lisa K for your comments on Comfort Inn At The Harbor. The staff and I are very happy you enjoyed your stay in Point Loma. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable rooms at reasonable prices. It is very satisfying to know that we accomplished our goal
during your recent stay with us. Our hotel is centrally located and is only minutes away from downtown San Dieo, Seaport Village, Old Town, The San Diego Zoo and Balboa Park. The staff and I are looking forward to your next visit to San Diego.
Regards, A J
Baldwinsville, New York
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Hotel is convenient to airport. My colleagues and I drove down from riverside so we could be near airport for early am flight out. Hotel was clean. got two king rooms with sleeper sofa. Sleeper sofa was less then desirable. upon request, hotel management moved my two other colleagues two a 2 dble/quen room. when I made reservation, they said there wasn't one available.

This is a older style hotel that has been refurbished. was clean, found no signs of bed bugs as earlier stated. was fine for what we needed.

WORD TO THE WISE>>> if you book the shuttle for airport, let them know you have luggage. shuttle showed up full. no room for nothing except a carry on if that. Lady at front desk was great in expediting two cabs for us to get to the airport. I lost 15 bucks in the shuttle gig. This has nothing to do with hotel, but with super shuttle.. company is a joke.. just get a cab to airport, ride is ten bucks and your better off. the shuttle had a hotel discount rate of 5 bucks a person, but in the end, not the deal if you don't get to the airport on time

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
SonnySanDiego, Manager at Comfort Inn San Diego At The Harbor, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for the valuable feedback on your recent stay at Comfort Inn At The Harbor. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shuttle. I am happy we were able to accommodate your two beds request. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable rooms and dependable services to all of our guest at reasonable prices. I hope that on your next trip to San Diego, you will consider staying with us again.
Portland, Maine
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Location and price are the reasons to stay here...Ready access to harbor, easy trip to beaches and interstates. Clean, decent bkfst...no complaints here. Coffee available in the lobby all day/eve.

Bed was comfy enough that my bony old body slept well.

Traffic noise: we were on the end near the intersection...asking for a room in the middle of the hotel on the back side would be a good idea.

Maid service: they kept forgetting to replenish supplies (shampoo/condition, coffee, towels.) No big deal when the front desk is all of, at worst, 120 feet away, but, still...could do better.

Staff were all polite and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back (west) side, near the middle of the building, away from traffic noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SonnySanDiego, Manager at Comfort Inn San Diego At The Harbor, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at Comfort Inn At The Harbor. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience. The housekeeping supervisor has been made aware of the missing amenities during your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel's location. We are minutes away from many of San Diego main attractons - The San Diego Zoo, Old Town, Balboa Park and The Cabrillo National Monument. I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to San Diego.
Missouri City, Texas
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We checked in yesterday for two nights. After being in our room yesterday evening for about 30 minutes, we started seeing bugs in the bed which I did not recognize. I looked up bedbugs on the internet, that's what they are. The front desk told us they knew nothing about this, and no other rooms were available. There is a convention in town, and a shortage of rooms, so we had to stay here last night. My wife and I got bites last night. I have reported to the front desk again this morning, showing them about 8 of the dead bugs we had collected, and I am supposed to have their response to handling this problem when the manager gets in at 7:00 a.m. I will post later to advise how Comfort Inn handles this.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gperr007
SonnySanDiego, Manager at Comfort Inn San Diego At The Harbor, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Comfort Inn at The Harbor has pest control maintenance scheduled regularly from a very reputable pest elimination company in San Diego. The most recent inspection was a few days ago and there were no bugs found in any of the rooms. We have contacted the pest control company for inspection and the problem is being taken care of by professionals. The guest has received a full refund for any inconvenience and we have invited the guest to stay with us in the future.