“Great Happy Hour and really good sushi next to Petco Park”
Review of The Dragon's Den

The Dragon's Den
Ranked #1,062 of 4,804 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Japanese
San Diego, California
“Great Happy Hour and really good sushi next to Petco Park”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This place has great Happy Hour as well as really fresh sushi. I like to sit outside in the patio. It is right next to Petco Park, you can see the Jumbotron from the patio and they have two flat-screens outside with a 5 second delay. So after you hear the roar of the crowd you can check out the action on the TV's to see what all the fuss is about. I had the Hot Top Roll which is actually deep-fried and quite delicious. I also had the Yellowtail and Dragon's Roll. They have a pretty varied menu with lots of choices. They also have 2 tables with 2 kegs inside of them that you can pour your own beer and pay by meter, so pour half a pint, you pay for half a pint.

• Visited May 2013

West Lafayette, Indiana
“Sushi without breaking the bank”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Awesome staff, fast service, very good sushi... Especially for the price...I had a party if seven and the waitress was an absolute doll and she made us feel very welcomed..

• Visited May 2013
San Diego
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pour Your Own Beers”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Great place to enjoy some small bites and enjoy the easy access where you can pour your own beer. A good place to start your evening out. Great bites include the crispy aromoatic duck and the boiled pork and chive dumplings.

Visited May 2012
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Sushi with Brown Rice. Hmm.”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

After a long day at Comic-Con, my geeks and I wanted sushi. Fifth avenue was packed, so we walked a bit further from our hotel on E street. We tried The Dragon's Den. They have the typical sushi menu, no surprises. The ambiance is casual. It was a bit more sports themed than I like in a sushi restaurant, but since it is next door to the baseball stadium, I get the point. We were seated pretty quickly, but since we arrived rather late, the sushi chef had run out of sticky rice with which to make our sushi, and the waiter asked if it was okay if we had brown rice instead. I was skeptical, but we went with it. It was delicious. I don't know how they make the brown rice sticky, but they did, so I don't care. The sushi was decent (spicy tuna cut rolls), the nigori sake tasty, and the beer cold. In the end, I was pleasantly surprised. The waiter even said that if we didn't like the sushi with the brown rice, he would not charge us for it. No need since it was very good. Great service, good times. The geeks approve.

• Visited July 2012
Alpine, California
“Great East Village Sushi!”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

My husband and I enjoy wandering around downtown to find restaurants for lunch. We happened upon the Dragon's Den and decided to give it a try. We were really impressed with the friendliness of the staff, especially Andrea, our server and Hector, the sushi chef. My husband had a spicy tuna handroll and a Dragon's Den roll. He really liked them both. I had the California roll and it was great. I also tried the green onion pancake but it was a bit too greasy for my liking. We live in Alpine where the sushi is a bit cheaper but we would not hesitate to come back here.

• Visited July 2012