“Great brews, great prices”

Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits
$89.00*
San Diego Whale Watching Sailing Tour
Ranked #58 of 446 things to do in San Diego
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Nothing like sipping your favorite beers at their source. A bit crowded, but moving to bigger space in the near future should help.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Ballast point has quickly become one of my favorite beers coming out of the San Diego area. I visited the brewery to find great bartenders who know everything about the beer. They offered some beers that you can only get there. Just a great place to spend a afternoon.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Ballast Point is great beer with great fast-like food ! Big noisy place deep lines to get the beer but has a great selection. Parking can be a problem but all of San Diego in that area is just as challenging. Worth the little hassle ! C&H

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I am not a beer-drinker, but I know that many beer aficionados, or just plain beer-drinkers would enjoy this place--my husband did! For $5 you can have 3 samples of home-created/home-brewed beer that has now become a San Diego favorite. The varieties range from habanero pepper (Yikes!) to maple to bacon-flavored; from ale to stout beers; from dark to light beer; from 3.3% to 10% alcohol and everything in between. Beer brewing is no longer limited to Bud or Coors--these are innovative flavors and favorites among beer connoisseurs. Oh, and they also serve good eats here as well!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Late on a friday evening looking for a beer and dinner and we happened to be downtown SD. Ballast had been suggested to us by a trolley driver the previous Sunday at the Hillcrest Farmer's Market so we thought, let's take a look. PACKED but it was after work on a Friday so no big surprise. Circled the room a bit looking for a seat and managed to snag two chairs up against the rail near the brewing tanks. Hubby grabbed the beer and I went and lined up for food. Being hungry now I opted for a cookie right away and ordered a burger and fries for each of us. The cookie was just what we needed to hold us til our food was delivered which was actually only about 20-30 minutes. Didn't seem bad considering how busy the place was. Burger was AWESOME, fries were okay but I'm picky about fries. I had the Longfin Lager and hubby had the Calico Amber Ale, both were tasty and exactly what we were looking for with out dinner. The place was really loud but it was very busy and again boistorous after work friday group so not surprising. Saw lots of couples and big groups so it looks appealing to a big variety of people. Would recommend and would go back.