Tripadvisor
San Diego
All reviews autograph collection w hotel valet guys dee dee ace parking valet service great hotel lobby restaurant club lounge rooftop bar valet parking corner room stayed for one night gaslamp district boutique hotel walking distance late at night
Selected filters
Reviewed January 15, 2020

I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel and would recommend it to business travelers. I am a titanium member and the lounge here is excellent. Davis does a great job and makes you feel welcome.

The hotel is clean and quiet.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Malia E, General Manager at Hotel Republic San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Dear brianN9789FD,

It was a pleasure to read your comments about your time with us! As a Bonvoy Titanium Member, you are an expert in hospitality as you spend so much of your time away from home, so to read that Davis really stood out to you, is fantastic. Thank you for recommending us to other business travelers, and we are so proud of our Veranda Club Lounge, as there is nothing else like it in the city! I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in San Diego, and please feel free to reach out if we can do anything to make your upcoming stay even better!

Reviewed January 10, 2020

Hotel was great! The staff was awesome and the location was perfect. From the moment we arrived coming in from a long flight from Florida, everyone was very helpful - doormen, parking, room assignments, bar and restaurant staff. Rooms may have been a bit on the small side, but they were very comfortable. Easy walk to the bay and Gaslamp area and short ride to the zoo.

Date of stay: December 2019

Dear Catherine M,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us! It is so important that we add positivity to your travels and help you have the best time in and outside of our hotel! Coming all the way from Florida, it sounds like you were able to hit wonderful highlights during your trip, and we certainly appreciate the feedback! We look forward to welcoming you back, the next time your travels bring you to San Diego!

Reviewed January 9, 2020

This hotel used to be a W with some snazzy features, one of which was the Sand Bar upstairs outside. It was ACTUAL sand. Sadly, it's no longer, but the re-do of the hotel as a Marriott Autograph Collection is nice. The W has a younger vibe, so now it's not as loud and out of control, which is great.

Two outstanding people there:

Isiah at the front desk. I love his laugh, and what a super nice, fun, upbeat (yet still professional) guy. He was more than helpful and a pleasure to work with.

Kenny at the bar is another nice guy. He gave us several resto recommendations and he was "right on" with our tastes. As him. He'll deliver. He's also a great bartender.

The location of the hotel is perfect. Walking distance to so many places - Little Italy, Downtown, Coronado Ferry and boat cruises, Seaport Village, Amtrak, the train that goes up the coase and the San Diego Trolley.

Room tip: Corner rooms are awesome and large.

Dear RandySFO,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience with us! I lived in San Diego when the W opened and have fond memories of the nightlife experience as well! Now, as Hotel Republic, we like to tell our guests who remember us as the W, that we are the W grown up, more sophisticated and yet with that same up beat energy that allows our guests to be inspired and have a fantastic taste of San Diego in our hotel. I appreciate your sharing your time with Isiah and Kenny - they are superstars at the hotel and truly care about the relationships they build with each of our guests! When your travels bring you back to San Diego, we look forward to welcoming you back! Thank you again!

Reviewed January 8, 2020

I travel to San Diego almost every week for work. After staying at 10+ different hotels in SD, this hotel is my favorite. The people are genuinely special, especially Davis, who goes out of his way to make your experience great. The service, rooms and food are stand outs, even against more expensive hotels. It is very convenient and within walking distance of the great SD neighborhoods. I highly recommend.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Footprints219497,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your time with us! It's great for us to recognize when a traveler, like yourself, has tried many hotels, that we have stood out to you! We do have a such a convenient location, and unique offerings in our restaurant/bars and club lounge, but it is our people, we believe, that make all the difference! Davis is an associate that regularly makes such a positive impact on our guests and I thank you for acknowledging him! We look forward to your next stay with us, and please let me know if we can do anything to make it even better! Thank you again!

Reviewed January 7, 2020

Pros:
The property is in very good condition, the room was spacious, reasonable rate, unbelievably great location (close to parks, Little Italy, ocean, etc.)
I will stay at this location again!
Cons:
Expensive valet parking ($50/day), room cleaning service (either very late in the day or some days they missed our room), Surrounded by Homeless (we did not encounter any issues)

Date of stay: December 2019

Dear Sabih S,

Thank you very much for you feedback regarding your stay with us! Thank you for the positive comments and I'm so glad you have had a great time! Being at a downtown property, parking is a definitely a high commodity and we are always conscious of our surrounding area. The average cost in the downtown hotels is $50, we do charge $49, so if you were charged incorrectly, please send me a message so we ensure that is corrected. Being next to the federal courthouse, we benefit from them having regular patrols around the building, ensuring the public is safe in addition to us having 24 hour valet at the entrance of our hotel. I apologize on the room cleaning, we do clean rooms from 8:30-5:30 each day depending on when our guests are coming and going. The next time you stay, you can let guest services know when you would like to have your room serviced so it is convenient for you. I hope this assists and I am so glad that we will be welcoming you back the next time you are in the city! Thank you again for the great feedback!