All reviews w hotel gaslamp quarter lobby restaurant loved the window seat bail bond pier area the concierge lounge marriott points boutique hotel rooftop bar last minute booking fire pit valet guys nice shower shampoo and conditioner window sill nice perk
Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

Very nice accommodations. Very tech friendly. Good location to walk from and cover the tap rooms and Little Italy. You can walk to the stone brewing tap room or you can hit ballast point up in Little Italy and then stop for a great pizza or pasta at Philippi’s. That will make you fat and sassy.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

The hotel was pretty much exactly what we were hoping for. It felt unique, was nicely appointed, walking distance to little Italy, gaslamp, the pier area, not expensive and we got Marriott points. The staff was really friendly and helpful. Only thing keeping it from getting a better score were annoying details.

The towel hooks were on the opposite side of the bathroom from the shower entrance. The sliding door was noisy, which when either me or my wife got up to use the bathroom it would wake the other up. The makeup mirror was directly next to the sink so she couldn’t use it and me use the sink at the same time. And for whatever reason our A/C was on all the time. Even when we turned the temp up it would still pump out cold air. Finally just had to turn it off so we didn’t freeze out.

None of those things would keep us from staying there again, but would have made it a little more enjoyable I suppose.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2018

The hotel used to be the W, but they have definitely transformed this hotel to be more of a San Diego feel while keeping the luxurious amenities and details the W used to offer. As it is a autograph collection hotel, the service provided was outstanding and very accommodating.

Valet allows ins and outs and the lobby is warm and inviting. They have an outdoor terrace with fireplace and bar. The common areas have been kept clean and they had a lovely scent throughout the hotel.

The rooms were well appointed and offered windowside day beds in addition to their large king-sized beds. The room had many details that made it feel San Diegan, very beach and ocean inspired.

I definitely recommend this hotel, for the price, value, and the amenities provided!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed February 27, 2018

The hotel is super chic- nice decor and it felt new (I was told it opened a few months ago). They have a nice outdoor bar and fire pit and we were told we could hang out with our kids by the front desk staff but upon going out there the bar staff said that we couldn't have the kids there...definitely something the front desk staff should have known. It would have been nice to hang out there. Oh well...the things we do for our kids! :)

The rooms were nice and spacious- we had a lovely corner room with a view of the city. The room was clean and the bed was SUPER comfy. The bathroom was huge and unfortunately I didn't get to take advantage of the whirlpool tub.

The location is perfect. We walked everywhere (it's a 10 min walk to Little Italy and a 15 min walk to the Gaslamp) and when we didnt feel like walking to the gaslamp we took a quick $6 Lyft. Parking is pricey...but that's all of San Diego (I think it was $35). I typically like to stay right in the Gaslamp district but it was nice to be a bit away from the mayhem (especially since this was a family trip and not a couples only trip).

The concierge lounge wasn't open during the weekend so we were given vouchers for breakfast and we had great breakfast while we were there...the ONLY problem was that it took FOREVER. The service at the breakfast cafe/restaurant was HORRIBLE. I understand if it was packed..but it wasn't. Maybe they were down a chef? I don't know..but it took a long time to get our food both days we were there. So make sure and prepare (we were getting antsy since we had to get on the road to Legoland) or have someone order ahead of time.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again!

Look us up on google @joinourvidaloca

Room Tip: Corner rooms are a bit larger at this hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Vanesa L
Reviewed February 21, 2018

This new hotel is delightful. The rooms are very comfortable, the food is clean and healthy, bar wonderful and the vibe is hip. The dining staff was very attentive to my food allergies and were 100% fantastic in providing me the simple yet allergy free food I requested. I ate many meals in the hotel and all were great. The team here is doing a great job.

Stayed: February 2018
Whitney W, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Republic San Diego, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and your food in our outlets. We hope to see you again at the Hotel Republic when your travels bring you back to San Diego!