“Pro, Fun!”

Academy Rentals & Day Tours
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We hired Chris to help us scout locations for a photo shoot and thankful we did! He got us to all the spots we wouldn't have been able to find on our own and made sure we all made it out! If you've ever been stuck in sand in the middle of no where then you will understand why you need a Chris on your team!

1  Thank Shawna O
There are newer reviews for Academy Rentals & Day Tours

Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I wanted to take my kids for a nice fun day in the desert sand before it gets too hot and I'm glad I found Academy Rentals. The drive from my place in Carlsbad wasn't bad. Chris gave excellent directions, and we had a quick safety instruction/orientation, got equipped and hit the trail. I have a 4 yr old, 11yr old and 12 yr old-none of who had ridden dune buggy or quads before. We had a safe fun ride and i've already booked our next trip again next month.

1  Thank Dr_Watkins
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I attended a day tour with Academy Rentals on Feb. 11, 2014 in Ocotillo California. Prior to booking I spoke with Chris from Academy Rentals on the phone and he was able to answer all of my questions, make recommendations as well as walk me through the online booking process. I spoke with Chris on the phone a couple of times leading up to the tour to confirm details such as a meeting location & time. He returned calls promptly and was really easy to get a hold of.

I was very impressed with the condition of the rental bike, it was in great shape and had been well maintained. Although I packed and brought my own riding gear it appeared that Chris had plenty of gear and other equipment to offer.

I was very lucky to be the only one scheduled for a tour on this particular day. Chris is a very experienced rider and a great guide. He incorporated all of what there is to see in the Ocotillo area into our ride. The "bomb zone" was so cool to see and the sand dunes are spectacular. It was without a question the fastest and funnest guided ride I have ever experienced. He didn't try to slow me down nor expect me to "baby" his equipment. Rather, he adjusted his pace to my level and my liking. I'll be calling Chris next time I'm back in the area that's a guarantee.

I should also mention Chris' exceptional hospitality. He was extremely generous by providing ice cold beverages and grilling up the most ridiculously good California style burritos I've ever tasted.

So to all you review readers out there, do yourself a favor...pick up the phone and call Chris at Academy Rentals (619-840-0057) to book your off-road desert tour experience of a lifetime.

1  Thank Stephen C
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Awesome day... couldn't ask for better! Top equipment, Chris was super helpful and a really great guide. Highly recommend.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

From the time we arrived we knew we were in for a great time. The bikes were gassed up ready to go after some quick safety instructions from the instructor. Saw a lot of really cool things from bullets to tanks and antique bottles. Saw live bombs being dropped. Rode out supper far, had a blast on the dunes. Over all a great time and new experience. Highly recommend everybody to go. They even have bikes and gear for the kids. Plus at the end we had a bbq with the bombest chicken ever!

2  Thank cheyenneburns