“Me and my wife had the funnest time on the tour and saw some awesome sights”

Academy Rentals & Day Tours
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Me and my wife had the funnest time on the tour and saw some awesome sights”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

From the time we arrived we knew we were in for a great time. The bikes were gassed up ready to go after some quick safety instructions from the instructor. Saw a lot of really cool things from bullets to tanks and antique bottles. Saw live bombs being dropped. Rode out supper far, had a blast on the dunes. Over all a great time and new experience. Highly recommend everybody to go. They even have bikes and gear for the kids. Plus at the end we had a bbq with the bombest chicken ever!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank cheyenneburns

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good tour of area- had a great time”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We booked a tour with Chris for myself, husband and 2 children. We rented a sand rail and 1 4 wheeler while my son rode his own dirt bike. We were new to te area and Chris showed us around and have us the ins and puts of the area in case we ever wanted to return on our own. Chris even checked my sons dirt bike over to make sure it was good for the sand since we had never been riding in the desert. It was a great ride and a great day. We had a great time! Would def do it again!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Natandchris1996
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Don't be fooled!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

This place recently had a deal on living social. I purchased the deal along with 6 other friends. When I called to make a reservation, they tried to sell me hard on a tour for an additonal 40 bucks per person. I told Chris, the person I spoke to, that I would talk it over with my friends. I sent him an email and told him we didn't want to do the tour. He proceeded to tell me the original reservation I had was now booked and again tried to sell me a tour. Bottom line, don't purchase this unless you want to pay extra to do the tour. It's a scam. Beware!

7 Thank SDtraveler30
randy a, General Manager at Academy Rentals & Day Tours, responded to this review, April 21, 2016
Mr Alejandro Delgado from 439 north west #92 Ave, Pembroke FL. 6001 palm trace landing dr #205 Davie, FL and Heather Miller fom United Healthcare Medicare & Retirement , Sunrise , FL. Booked 2 Atvs Rental from trip advisor, per the description it states $500 damage deposit required for each Atv or motorcycle rental. No deposit required for a tour. Alejandro was required to place a $3,500 deposit. Per many phone conversations we stated this. When alejandro and heather showed up their friends they tried to negotiate the tour to $10 per person. That is not acceptable. Everyone of of past or future customers would agree that is unreal..they drove back to San Diego unhappy disputed the charge on there credit card. We filed a small claims case in el centro ca ecs08271 and won from default. Now they have a ding on there credit reports and we will refile every ten years. Randy A..