“great quality and service, relaxed atmosphere, just the right combo!”
Review of Cafe 21

Cafe 21
Ranked #51 of 4,832 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th Avenue between G and F
Reviewed May 14, 2014

The creativity and quality of food here is ace, fresh organic produce and great dishes. The staff are friendly and very helpful, always smiling and attentive. The host is professional and full of character. We had a wonderful experience and went there twice, so consistency was there. The decor and atmosphere is stylish and you see all walks of life come through. I loved it and would highly recommend it.

There are newer reviews for Cafe 21

Reviewed May 6, 2014

recommended but really average food and service...gaslamp street dining is entertaining..happy hour menu is interesting...avocado french fries and other small plates. Skimpy 4 cheese sampler totaled about 1 ounce..

Reviewed May 5, 2014

If you’re in to locally sourced gluten free organic food and are willing to pay for it, this is the spot for you. Very California. My husband is more of a meat and potatoes man so he wasn’t the biggest fan of our avocado fries. I’m a California girl - I love it. The tea selection is fabulous and served loose leaf. I’d definitely return. The service was just OK. Our server wasn’t happy we only came for appetizers and drinks and didn’t try to hide her annoyance. Even then, I’d still return.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Spent the week in SD and ate there three times and dropped by one evening for dessert. Each meal was delicious. The first meal was brunch and definitely lured me back to try the dinner menu. The egg skillet with the lamb meatballs was yummy and my husband's French-toast was awesome. At other times, we enjoyed salads with flank steak that was melt in your mouth tender and lamb shank. The flight of sangria was also a treat not to be missed. My favorite dessert was the bread pudding, but my husband preferred the berry cobbler. The presentations on all of their dishes were unique and added to the pleasure of the meal. The restaurant was busy and service could be slow, so if you are not into a leisurely meal or want quick service, you will be disappointed.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Was recommended this place however we did not get the service we thought we would. The place was really cool and the food choices were much healthier than most places. Our food was amazing which made up for our wait time of over an hour for it. The staff were friendly until we started complaining about our wait time. It was a dinner meal however it was not busy and our meals were not complicated or different. The food was great but wouldn't be my first call to return to in San Diego.