“GREAT PLACE” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe 21

Cafe 21
Ranked #52 of 4,698 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th Avenue between G and F
Yuma, Arizona
“GREAT PLACE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Our favorite place to eat when visiting San Diego. The managers are super and the staff is fun. The food is AWESOME! See you in the new location on our next visit?

Visited February 2014

San Antonio, Texas
“Usually green mashed potatoes would be a problem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

This was my best meal during my 5 days in san Diego during a conference. For the most part I was on my own so I let them sit me at the bar. Bartender was a nice guy who despite being busy took care of me. Tried a few samples of beer and went for a blond Since I was looking to eat some meat I had the special. Portehouse cut pork with a gorgonzola cream sauce, mashed potatoes with spinach , they are green, and grilled veges was presented with a flair. The pork was delish, as was the sauce, and not overdone. Went for desert and on the bartender's recommendation had the bread pudding. Kitchen had problems getting this one out and finally came just as I asked to close the tab. Given as a comp and I was glad I had waited the time I did. Moist bread pudding with some fresh peaches on top served with ice cream. The special was 28 bucks which I thought was a deal for the quality. They should put this on the menu.

• Visited February 2014
Reston, Virginia
“Wonderful Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

My first visit to this cute cafe was for breakfast. The staff was very friendly and the food was delicious. I had crepes with chicken and pineapple. The crepes were better than any I had eaten in Paris last Spring. On the second visit, I had a skillet omelette. The omelette is cooked in the skillet, so it stays very hot. They also serve lunch and dinner. The food is locally sourced and organic. Looking forward to returning there on my next trip.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great atmosphere and food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

A friend took me here on a visit to SD and I would absolutely return. I wanted one of everything but settled on the pancakes. They gave me all five sauces/compotes to sample - absolutely delicious.

I also partook of the Prawn Star Bloody Mary, which was a visual experience to be had, but the drink itself was only so so. Adding some Tabasco helped, but they should put a bit more into the drink to go along with everything they put on top of it.

Still - definitely worth a visit.

Westminster, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Breakfast and lunch menu was great and prices were reasonable. It had all kinds of options for sandwich lovers or platter fans. However, dinner menu had limited options and prices were higher. Also portions were small.