“Fantastic Breakfast Options”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th Avenue between G and F
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My family so enjoyed our time at Cafe 21. The food is EXCELLENT-- no kidding. So good, that we came back twice, two days in a row. And there is something for everyone-- my family can be picky eaters, but we each came away enjoying every bite (and cleaning some plates). Even the coffee/tea was quality. And the service was amazing. I would be so happy to return.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The menu was so diverse - good vegetarian options too
Even more exciting were the unique alcoholic drinks - recommend the sangrias-you can try them all w a 'sampling' option
Food was incredible-recommend the avocado fries.
Service was friendly, prompt, and the server made great suggestions
I would go again next time I am in SD.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

So glad we discovered this little place in the Gaslamp district before leaving San Diego. The banana pancakes with walnuts and maple syrup were the best I've ever had! Interesting selection of teas kept this Aussie happy! Not easy to find good tea in California. My daughter had the banana French toast with sweetened cream cheese served with with fresh fruit. Delicious!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

What a pleasant suprise we had during our recent stay in San Diego. We discovered Cafe 21 when the breakfast for 2 daily which was promised to us while staying at the Keating Hotel fell through. They suggested we try the Cafe 21 and we are delighted we did. This place has it alll - funky little place with outside/inside seating and great decor. The food is out of this world. Very unusual entries yet all are delish (at least the many we tried). The are open for B/L/D. We visited twice for breakfast and one for lunch. We suggest you try the following for a taste sensation you'll truly enjoy:
Spinach & eggs, Chorizo and eggs, french toast, breakfast tacos, club sandwich and of course their delicious burgers...Enjoy!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

My last day in San Diego I stopped inside for breakfast so glad I did. I wanted to sit outside on the patio but the street construction was very loud and overbearing. The Watermelon mimosa was soooooo good. The friendly staff made me feel right at home even though I was dining alone.