“OK burger service slow”
Review of Burger Lounge

Burger Lounge
Ranked #139 of 4,799 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Description: Burger Lounge is centered on creating a burger you can feel better about eating. It begins with 100% fresh single source American grass fed beef. We believe that a hamburger should not only taste great, it should also utilize healthy ingredients produced in a sustainable environment. Burger Lounge offers a simple menu utilizing the mindful procurement of ingredients that appeal to health conscious diners, vegetarians, salad lovers and those simply “hankering for a great hamburger.” We take the time to know our growers and producers. These partners share our values of authenticity and simplicity. They care deeply about the quality of their products and environmental stewardship. It means better and more nutritious food for our guests. Our burgers, from The Lounge Burger made with fresh 100% grass-fed beef; to the Free-Range Turkey Burger made with Shelton Farms turkey; to the Organic Quinoa Veggie Burger created from organic quinoa, brown rice, zucchini, garbanzo, carrot, corn, and chipotle; are offered with organic American cheese or organic aged white cheddar, fresh or grilled onion, crisp lettuce, fresh tomato and house-made 1000 Island dressing. Finally, our Lounge Bun, made with a blend of organic wheat and white flour with a hint of molasses delivers the perfect combination of flavor, texture and temperature. You can also enjoy fine dining quality, truly healthy salads. Not your normal “burger joint salads,” these formidable and nutritionally robust salads include baby romaine, kale, spinach, arugula, organic quinoa, grilled corn, zucchini, red onion, jicama, tomato and a choice of house-made dressings. Fresh-cut French fries, house-made onion rings, scratch-made dipping sauces and simple desserts round out a perfect menu for any appetite.Since we opened the first Burger Lounge in 2007, we believe that it is about “doing a common thing uncommonly well.” As a small but fast growing restaurant organization, we represent a new take on an industry that has long suffered from gimmickry, poor quality, over processed food products and inadequate guest service. We embrace these genuine ideals and mindful environmental practices throughout our organization.Burger Lounge continues to satisfy Southern California diners’ and their insatiable appetite for affordable hand-crafted food and superior guest service.
Pacifica, California
“OK burger service slow”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The burgers were good, but the lady at the cash register said they were cooked to medium and ours were definitely well done. Fries crispy, onion rings just OK. I do love that they serve beer and wine. We waited 15+ minutes for a simple order and the ordering process was a little slow too...line was out the door to order and didn't move well, even though both registers were open and staffed. They could use a little front-of-house help.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank BrianneMM

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Denver, Colorado
“Great, quick option -- good for kids”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The walk up taco stands downtown were not going to work for us with a 3 year old so we happened into Burger Lounge. I ordered the Lounge Burger. I wasn't expecting much from a grass fed burger, but it was really tasty. The fries were tasty, but I do like them a little crispier. Our son ate his whole cheese burger on his own — served plain with catsup on the side. My husband had the Vegetable Salad with Crispy Chicken and it was good too. I really liked the Maine Root soda dispenser. They do offer regular coke, fanta, etc in large glass bottles. The place was packed. Ordering was slow but the food came swiftly and we were out and off to the airport pretty quickly. For a quick option that is still much healthier than fast food, Burger Lounge is a great option.

• Visited June 2013
Westlake Village, California
“Great burgers! You can taste the freshness.”
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

I'm usually skeptical of chain burger joints. This location (I've never been to any others) has a great staff! I had the lounge burger with grilled onions and a side of onion rings. The waitress brought me a refill for my drink, and asked a couple times if I needed anything. This is great cause I did want to try some of their sauces. I'm totally satisfied and would return again. Infancy I'm going to try locations closer to me.

• Visited April 2013
san diego ca
“I am mystified by five star rating”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I live in downtown San Diego and love burgers, and have wanted to love this place due to their emphasis on natural ingredients. But each of the three times I was here I was greatly disappointed. I really don't understand all the glowing reviews. The burgers were always big, and looked like they would taste good, but didn't. They were just kind of "there". My husband had the same reaction. We've been here three times, thinking maybe our previous visit was an "off night", but after three unimpressive visits we won't be returning.

You want a really good burger and are visiting downtown? These are my favorite places: The Counter in East Village at 6th & G St , Hodad's at 10th & Broadway, and Analog (5th & F) in the Gaslamp. All walking distance of one another; totally different atmospheres (Analog the nicest, The Counter more informal but very clean, and Hodad's more of a grunge feeling.) Analog has only one burger on the menu but it's terrific, the others you get lots of choices. Honorable mention to the lamb sliders at Bare Back Grill at 6th & E.

• Visited December 2012
Sweetwater, Texas
“GREAT FOOD AND SERVICE!!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Had the burger with onion rings and it was great. The service was great, with the young lady even asking if we'd been in before and then going over the menu with us, discussing all the options. They also had a great selection of beer! We enjoyed our experience and highly recommend the little Italy location of Burger Lounge.